This week on the podcast, Dan shares a quick review on Classic Plus and tip when using App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the Search Framework implements security on search results.
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss Colton Fischer’s Web Profile discovery, Kyle shares his CPU Patching process and how he automated the process then Dan discusses how he resolved a PIA domain bug.
- Cryptomining Vulnerability and PS @ 1:00
- Colton Fischer on Signon Page changes in the Web Profile @ 4:30
ps_patchScript @ 12:30
- 8.56 PIA Domain Bug @ 26:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle adds WLST commands to his DPK builds, Dan creates custom Facts with Ruby code and shares his Hiera Hashing configuration for building 8.56 environments.
- Github Love @ 1:30
- WLST and the DPK @ 3:30
- Custom Facts @ 15:45
- Hiera Hashing @ 24:00
That’s right, its another Change Assistant episode. Dan shares some updates to Change Assistant in 8.56, some 8.57 speculation, and applying PeopleTools Upgrades headlessly. Kyle shares an ACM discovery, and the PeopleTools Idea Space updates.
- VisualStudio Code PeopleSoft Plugin Follow-up @ 1:30
- GitLab Plugin for VSCode @ 3:15
- PeopleTools Idea Space @ 5:00
- ACM PTSFAdministerRemoteSearch @ 12:00
- 8.56 Change Assistant Updates @ 17:15
- Customization Repository
- Change Assistant and the DPK in 8.57?
- App Designer Change Package Support
- Headless PeopleTools Upgrades @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares from follow-up on URLs and Metadata, Dan discusses Single Signon changes with PeopleTools 8.56, and Dan explains the concept EFFDT to an enterprise Java developer.
- SuperBowl Follow-up @ 2:15
- Easy REST Requests @ 4:30
- ACM Library @ 5:45
- Metadata and Recent Places @ 8:30
- PeopleSoft and AWS @ 11:00
- 8.56 and SSO Configuration @ 16:00
- COTS vs. Homegrown Software @ 21:45
- SQL:2011 @29:45
Registration for psadmin.conf 2018 is open!
The Call for Presentations closes on February 15, 2018. We are still accepting proposals and would love to have you present!
See you in May!
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about cloud provisioning tools and how they could work for PeopleSoft Admins, Mike Ripley’s POC for securing WebLogic, and changes to the Change Assistant installation process.
- LinuxFilter Proof of Concept for WebLogic @ 1:30
- Insecure PeopleSoft Settings @ 6:00
- Random Default Local Node Name @ 9:30
- ps-terraform and working with cloud provisioning tools @ 15:00
- Change Assistant Installation Changes @ 26:00
- Headless PeopleTools Patching with Change Assistant @ 35:00
; This week on the podcast Kyle shares a frustration with the lack of metadata used in Favorites and other content references. Dan discusses two ideas to improve development and the Portal Node configuration page.
Starting in Change Assistant 8.56, a new file is used to track the installations of Change Assistant,
C:\Windows\PeoplesoftCA.txt. While Change Assistant 8.55 let us install multiple versions at the same time, 8.56 now tracks which your Change Assistant installations.
1 8.56.05 c:\psft\ca\hr025-8.56.05 2 8.56.05 c:\psft\ca\hrtst-8.56.05
The Change Assistant installer scripts set the path for the file. On Windows, is uses the
WINDIR environment variable and on Linux it generates a temporary folder.
if isWin() : winpath = os.environ['WINDIR'] else : winpath = tempfile.gettempdir()
C:\Windows location doens’t seem like the best place to store this file though.
C:\Windows is for Windows files, not for vendor configuration. I’d like to see this stored in a better location, like
If you run into errors when installing Change Assistant, especially in early releases of 8.56, try deleting the
PeoplesoftCA.txt file. Earlier versions of Change Assistant used this format of the file (this is from Change Assistant 8.56.03):
There are multiple ways to install Change Assistant with 8.56.
tools_client\setupPTClient.baton the PeopleSoft Image
- Use the
Silent Install option:
.\silentInstall.bat c:\psft\ca\hr025-8.56.05 NEW NOBACKUP .\silentInstall.bat c:\psft\ca\hcmpum UPGRADE NOBACKUP
A few changes to the installation process:
- Installing an older version of Change Assistant will error if the
PeoplesoftCA.txthas a newer version in it.
- The PeopleTools Installation Guide for 8.56 references the installer as
setup\PsCA\installCA.exe, but in the latest 8.56.05 client tools that file does not exist.
- Instead, there is a
setup.batscript to perform the installation.
- At OpenWorld, we heard that 8.56 included Change Assistant for Linux but you had to look for it. Now we have a
setup.shscript for Change Assistant on Linux.
- The installation process is powered by Python, not an installation wizard. This follows suit with the DPK changes and supports multiple platforms.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss a WebLogic exploit used for currency mining, Dan revisits the Health Center in the latest PeopleSoft Images, and Kyle explains why you need to review the Invalid View project.
- Crypto Currency Exploit on PeopleSoft Web Servers @ 1:30
- Health Center with PeopleSoft Images @ 6:00
- Elasticsearch Clustering Improvements in 8.56 @ 17:00
- Invalid Views @ 19:00