This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Bolt, a new tool from Puppet to run commands and scripts remotely on servers. Dan also talks about setting up a new Rundeck server and using Bolt with Rundeck.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan revisit the ACM (Automated Config Management). We discuss what the ACM is, how ACM works with the DPK, building custom ACM plugins and how to share ACM plugins.
- Revisiting ACM @ 1:00
- Using ACM with the Search Framework @ 5:00
- ACM and the DPK @ 9:00
- Building ACM Plugins @ 13:30
- Plugins that are missing @ 21:45
- GitHub Repository to Share ACM Plug-ins @ 30:00
- IDEA – More options for “Copy to File”
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle revisit their favorite tools and what has changed in the last two years.
- VisualStudio Code and Vim @ 2:00
- Git @ 5:30
- GitLab Community Edition @ 7:00
- OneNote @ 10:31
- Vagrant @ 13:15
- Trello @ 16:00
- Linux Tools @ 18:30
- Inline commands
- Cmder @ 23:00
- Powershell Modules @ 26:00
- Dotfiles @ 29:30
- TextExpander @ 32:15
This week Simon Chiu from the PeopleSoft UX Blog joins us to talk about his experiences with Interaction Hub, Unified Navigation, Push Push Notifications, Federated Search and the PeopleSoft Cloud Manager.
- Introducing Simon @ 1:30
- Using the Interaction Hub @ 4:45
- Unified Navigation and the Interaction Hub @ 20:00
- The good and bad of Push Notifications @ 32:45
- Testing Federated Search @ 44:15
- Cloud Manager @ 54:30
If you are on PeopleTools 8.55 or later, Fluid Navigation is enabled by default. But, there are ways to revert back to the Drop-Down Navigation. If you have kept the Drop-Down navigation and want to revert back to Fluid Navigation, there are three configuration changes to make:
- Navigate to “PeopleTools > Portal > Branding > System Branding Options” and select
DEFAULT_THEME_FLUIDfor the “Default Branding Option”.
- Expand the “PeopleTools Options” Grid (this is collapsed by default) and verify the Branding Application Class:
- Package Name:
- Application Class ID:
- Package Name:
- Navigate to “PeopleTools > Personalization > Personalization Options” and select
PPTLfor the “Option Category Level”.
- For the User Options
HPTABLET, change the Default Value to “Fluid”. (Under the “Format” tab).
Log out of the application and log back in to see the changes.
This week on the podcast, Kyle finds the ProcessRestartMemoryLimit does not work as expected, Dan finds that the Purge Cache command has changed in 8.56, and Kyle recaps a successful Go-Live for PeopleTools 8.55 and Fluid Navigation.
- Page and Field CONFIGURATOR Follow-up @ 1:00
- October CVE Details @ 6:00
- Understanding ProcessRestartMemoryLimit @ 11:30
- Purge Cache Change in 8.56 @ 19:45
- Elasticsearch 04 DPK, POC Patches @ 25:30
- Unified Nav and My Favorites @ 31:30
- 8.55 and Fluid Nav Go-Live Success and Issues @ 38:15
The last talk from psadmin.conf is available! Wayne Fuller shares his thoughts on the future of PeopleSoft Administration and what admins can do to adjust and adapt the changes in PeopleSoft.
We have released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up. If you have already signed up for the course, you can log in and the videos will be available.
This week on the podcast, Charlie Sinks joins us to talk about the Upper Midwest Regional User Group. We talk about using Agile with PeopleSoft, our experiences with Elasticearch, the Idea Space for PeopleTools, and using Git with PeopleSoft.
- Chatbots Demo @ 3:30
- Agile and PeopleSoft @ 11:00
- Elasticsearch Experiences @ 33:45
- PeopleTools 8.56 Updates @ 43:30
- Testing Effort for Certifications @ 45:30
pspuppet.shis used to prepare the environment. Need to invoke if the bootstrap or puppet failed and you need to re-run
- Idea Space @ 50:15
- Advanced PS Admin Talk @ 56:30
- Orchestration @ 61:00
- Using Git @ 67:30