This week, Sasank Vemana joins us to talk about the Fluid Back Button, adding Action Menu items, adding Click to Call on PeopleSoft pages, and how to handle pages within Fluid Navigation.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss challenges on moving to the cloud, how to limit search data in non-production environments, and using XPath to modify XML files.
This week on the podcast, Brad Carlson, Adam Wlad and Jim Marion join Dan to recap the Alliance 2018 conference. We discuss some CPU Patching issues, the 2027 date for PeopleSoft, and PeopleTools 8.57 announcements.
- Technical and Reporting Advisory Group @ 1:45
- CPU Patching and Security @ 5:15
- PeopleSoft 2027 @ 15:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 – Cloud First @ 19:30
- PeopleTools 8.57 UI Changes @ 29:15
- Page and Field Configurator @ 40:00
- App Designer Improvements @ 49:45
- Stop and Shares @ 56:30
- Learning about Fluid @ 60:00
This week on the podcast, Colton Fischer joins Dan to talk about hidden ACM plugins, using the Web Profile to extend HTML pages, and his experience working with the Page and Field Configurator.
This week on the podcast Kyle and Dan discuss different strategies for managing DPK archive files. Dan also discovers a few small improvements in the 8.56 PS_HOME and where to find the mythical Application DPK files.
- App Designer Bug in 8.56 @ 1:00
- 8.56 PS_HOME @ 5:00
- Client Tools Install @ 8:30
- Application DPK @ 11:00
- Mananging DPK Archives @ 14:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle talks about Push Notifications he built for Phire and how you could extend Phire. Dan explains the pt_password DPK Puppet Type, and Kyle discusses a leak of 2 billion passwords.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a quick review on Classic Plus and tip when using App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the Search Framework implements security on search results.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares from follow-up on URLs and Metadata, Dan discusses Single Signon changes with PeopleTools 8.56, and Dan explains the concept EFFDT to an enterprise Java developer.
- SuperBowl Follow-up @ 2:15
- Easy REST Requests @ 4:30
- ACM Library @ 5:45
- Metadata and Recent Places @ 8:30
- PeopleSoft and AWS @ 11:00
- 8.56 and SSO Configuration @ 16:00
- COTS vs. Homegrown Software @ 21:45
- SQL:2011 @29:45
This week on the podcast Kyle shares a frustration with the lack of metadata used in Favorites and other content references. Dan discusses two ideas to improve development and the Portal Node configuration page.
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss an password vulnerability, learning VIM and migrating 2 Facter Auth devices. Then they review the new Page and Field Configurator utility (spoiler: it’s great).
- Episode 6 – TokenChpoken @ :30
- ERPScan – Decrypting PeopleSoft Passwords @ 3:45
- 2 Factor Authentication and a new phone @ 14:15
- 4 Week Plan to Learn VIM @ 18:00
- HR Image 24 – PS Developer Homepage @ 29:00
- Page and Field Configurator @ 31:00
- Event Mapping Frameworks @ 45:30
- Page and Field Composer Final thoughts @ 51:00