This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Integration Broker Queue Partitioning and why you might want to use it. Dan shares an edge case with Change Assistants new modes, and then Dan and Kyle talk about the wonderful tool Trace Wizard.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some changes when applying Change Packages with PeopleTools 8.57. He explains the new Subsequent Pass mode and what changed with the Move to Production mode. Kyle shares some changes with PT_COMMON, and then Dan and Kyle discuss serer naming conventions.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares a great MOS document that explains how psadmin issues tuxedo commands and asks if we could hook into that setup. Then Dan and Kyle discuss their ideal refresh process if they were to start from scratch.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares his thoughts on apply CPU vs. PSU java patches and Dan explains the different options for preloading application server cache.
- Shard Planning for Petabyte Scale Elasticsearch Clusters @ 3:50
- Customizing the Homepage @ 5:30
- JDK even v. odd number releases @ 13:00
- PeopleTools Security Patching @ 19:30
- Preload Cache @ 26:00
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some new ideas to improve the DDDAudit and SYSAudit reports, and Kyle discusses how federated User Preferences work in a clustered environment.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some tips on monitoring Tuxedo domains and Kyle discusses how to secure portal registries when accesses externally.
- Data Mover Follow-up @ 3:00
- PeopleTools POC Business Case Document @ 5:45
- Tuxedo Service Monitoring @ 7:30
- Limiting Access to Portal Registries @ 17:45
- Role Flipping
- Separate Registry and Obscurity
- LB/RPS/WL Filter Security
- VPN Access
- Conditional Navigation
- Speaking at Oracle OpenWorld @ 1:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 is in the Cloud @ 2:00
- When Will the Next PeopleTools Be Released? @ 5:00
- Required Interim Patches for the Oracle Database with PeopleSoft @ 6:30
- Monitoring PeopleSoft @ 9:00
This week on the podcast Dan shares a fun tip to view hidden characters, Kyle talks about Vim Tabs and Sessions. Then Kyle and Dan talk about change package behavior, some bad migration advice on Oracle Support and what you should do instead.
This week on the podcast, Kyle discusses the changes to PIA installations in 8.56 and how to leverage Python and WLST with it. Dan shares how he improved nVision report performance, and the value of starting to automate small tasks.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss the new PeopleSoft Support timeframe, controlling how much data the Search Framework indexes, and how to use Facter to redeploy software via the DPK.
- 2030 Commitment @ 1:00
- Auto Select Follow-up @ 7:15
- PeopleSoft Test Framework and TLS @ 8:45
- Facter and Redeploy @ 12:00
- Search Framework – Last X days @ 19:00
- Puppet variable warnings @ 27:00