This week on the podcast, Kyle shares some changes and improvements to using Git with the Deployment Packages. Kyle and Dan also talk about Continuous Integration and how it can be used to test Deployment Package changes.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Bolt, a new tool from Puppet to run commands and scripts remotely on servers. Dan also talks about setting up a new Rundeck server and using Bolt with Rundeck.
This week Dan and Kyle walk through the
psappsrv.cfg file and discuss how they have configured their application servers.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan revisit the ACM (Automated Config Management). We discuss what the ACM is, how ACM works with the DPK, building custom ACM plugins and how to share ACM plugins.
- Revisiting ACM @ 1:00
- Using ACM with the Search Framework @ 5:00
- ACM and the DPK @ 9:00
- Building ACM Plugins @ 13:30
- Plugins that are missing @ 21:45
- GitHub Repository to Share ACM Plug-ins @ 30:00
- IDEA – More options for “Copy to File”
If you are on PeopleTools 8.55 or later, Fluid Navigation is enabled by default. But, there are ways to revert back to the Drop-Down Navigation. If you have kept the Drop-Down navigation and want to revert back to Fluid Navigation, there are three configuration changes to make:
- Navigate to “PeopleTools > Portal > Branding > System Branding Options” and select
DEFAULT_THEME_FLUIDfor the “Default Branding Option”.
- Expand the “PeopleTools Options” Grid (this is collapsed by default) and verify the Branding Application Class:
- Package Name:
- Application Class ID:
- Package Name:
- Navigate to “PeopleTools > Personalization > Personalization Options” and select
PPTLfor the “Option Category Level”.
- For the User Options
HPTABLET, change the Default Value to “Fluid”. (Under the “Format” tab).
Log out of the application and log back in to see the changes.
This week on the podcast, Kyle finds the ProcessRestartMemoryLimit does not work as expected, Dan finds that the Purge Cache command has changed in 8.56, and Kyle recaps a successful Go-Live for PeopleTools 8.55 and Fluid Navigation.
- Page and Field CONFIGURATOR Follow-up @ 1:00
- October CVE Details @ 6:00
- Understanding ProcessRestartMemoryLimit @ 11:30
- Purge Cache Change in 8.56 @ 19:45
- Elasticsearch 04 DPK, POC Patches @ 25:30
- Unified Nav and My Favorites @ 31:30
- 8.55 and Fluid Nav Go-Live Success and Issues @ 38:15
This week on the podcast, an All Star cast joins Dan and Kyle to recap OpenWorld 2017. Mike Ripley, Graham Smith, Sasank Vemana, Wayne Fuller, and Brad Carlson share their thoughts on announcements and sessions from OpenWorld.
- Mike Ripley on Oracle 18c Announcements @ 2:00
- The Future of Change Assistant @ 6:00
- PeopleTools Platform Changes @ 15:00
- Graham Smith on Cloud Manager’s Value @ 17:30
- How do we run PeopleSoft Images? @ 25:00
- Elasticsearch Panel @ 32:45
- Where to start working with the DPK @ 38:30
- Graham Smith’s backyard office
- Sasank on Starting Fluid Development @ 42:00
- Wayne Fuller on the “2027” Support Date @ 48:00
- More Details on ClassicPlus @ 58:30
- Brad Carlson on Fast CPU Patching @ 67:00
- Brad and Sasank on Syncing People in PeopleSoft @ 77:00
- Personalizing the User Interface @ 84:00 Location and Time Specific Tiles @ 94:30
This week on the podcast, Dan has follow-up on using Hiera with Puppet environments, capturing WebLogic logs in Elasticsearch, and Kyle shares his thoughts on the Solaris “change”. Then Kyle discusses the in depth failover testing and how Unified Navigation behaves when app servers fail.
- Solaris is “not quite dead yet” @ 2:00
- How Oracle manages acquired technologies @ 11:00
- Fluid Training with Jim Marion @ 18:00
- New Oracle Version Numbers @ 20:00
- Failover Testing @ 29:00
- How Unified Navigation Behaves when IB is down @ 38:00
- Hiera command line Follow-up @ 51:00
- Logstash and WebLogic logs @ 53:00
- Monitoring Synchronous Messages? @ 56:30