This week on the podcast, Kyle shares some changes and improvements to using Git with the Deployment Packages. Kyle and Dan also talk about Continuous Integration and how it can be used to test Deployment Package changes.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Bolt, a new tool from Puppet to run commands and scripts remotely on servers. Dan also talks about setting up a new Rundeck server and using Bolt with Rundeck.
This week Dan and Kyle walk through the
psappsrv.cfg file and discuss how they have configured their application servers.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan revisit the ACM (Automated Config Management). We discuss what the ACM is, how ACM works with the DPK, building custom ACM plugins and how to share ACM plugins.
- Revisiting ACM @ 1:00
- Using ACM with the Search Framework @ 5:00
- ACM and the DPK @ 9:00
- Building ACM Plugins @ 13:30
- Plugins that are missing @ 21:45
- GitHub Repository to Share ACM Plug-ins @ 30:00
- IDEA – More options for “Copy to File”
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle revisit their favorite tools and what has changed in the last two years.
- VisualStudio Code and Vim @ 2:00
- Git @ 5:30
- GitLab Community Edition @ 7:00
- OneNote @ 10:31
- Vagrant @ 13:15
- Trello @ 16:00
- Linux Tools @ 18:30
- Inline commands
- Cmder @ 23:00
- Powershell Modules @ 26:00
- Dotfiles @ 29:30
- TextExpander @ 32:15
This week Simon Chiu from the PeopleSoft UX Blog joins us to talk about his experiences with Interaction Hub, Unified Navigation, Push Push Notifications, Federated Search and the PeopleSoft Cloud Manager.
- Introducing Simon @ 1:30
- Using the Interaction Hub @ 4:45
- Unified Navigation and the Interaction Hub @ 20:00
- The good and bad of Push Notifications @ 32:45
- Testing Federated Search @ 44:15
- Cloud Manager @ 54:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle finds the ProcessRestartMemoryLimit does not work as expected, Dan finds that the Purge Cache command has changed in 8.56, and Kyle recaps a successful Go-Live for PeopleTools 8.55 and Fluid Navigation.
- Page and Field CONFIGURATOR Follow-up @ 1:00
- October CVE Details @ 6:00
- Understanding ProcessRestartMemoryLimit @ 11:30
- Purge Cache Change in 8.56 @ 19:45
- Elasticsearch 04 DPK, POC Patches @ 25:30
- Unified Nav and My Favorites @ 31:30
- 8.55 and Fluid Nav Go-Live Success and Issues @ 38:15
This week on the podcast, Charlie Sinks joins us to talk about the Upper Midwest Regional User Group. We talk about using Agile with PeopleSoft, our experiences with Elasticearch, the Idea Space for PeopleTools, and using Git with PeopleSoft.
- Chatbots Demo @ 3:30
- Agile and PeopleSoft @ 11:00
- Elasticsearch Experiences @ 33:45
- PeopleTools 8.56 Updates @ 43:30
- Testing Effort for Certifications @ 45:30
pspuppet.shis used to prepare the environment. Need to invoke if the bootstrap or puppet failed and you need to re-run
- Idea Space @ 50:15
- Advanced PS Admin Talk @ 56:30
- Orchestration @ 61:00
- Using Git @ 67:30