This week on the podcast, Colton Fischer joins Dan to talk about hidden ACM plugins, using the Web Profile to extend HTML pages, and his experience working with the Page and Field Configurator.
This week on the podcast Kyle and Dan discuss different strategies for managing DPK archive files. Dan also discovers a few small improvements in the 8.56 PS_HOME and where to find the mythical Application DPK files.
- App Designer Bug in 8.56 @ 1:00
- 8.56 PS_HOME @ 5:00
- Client Tools Install @ 8:30
- Application DPK @ 11:00
- Mananging DPK Archives @ 14:30
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss options and considerations for backing up Elasticsearch. Kyle also shares a bug with the PIA startup scripts built by the DPK and Dan makes Vagrant work with a Web Filter.
This week on the podcast, Kyle talks about Push Notifications he built for Phire and how you could extend Phire. Dan explains the pt_password DPK Puppet Type, and Kyle discusses a leak of 2 billion passwords.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a quick review on Classic Plus and tip when using App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the Search Framework implements security on search results.
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss Colton Fischer’s Web Profile discovery, Kyle shares his CPU Patching process and how he automated the process then Dan discusses how he resolved a PIA domain bug.
- Cryptomining Vulnerability and PS @ 1:00
- Colton Fischer on Signon Page changes in the Web Profile @ 4:30
ps_patchScript @ 12:30
- 8.56 PIA Domain Bug @ 26:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle adds WLST commands to his DPK builds, Dan creates custom Facts with Ruby code and shares his Hiera Hashing configuration for building 8.56 environments.
- Github Love @ 1:30
- WLST and the DPK @ 3:30
- Custom Facts @ 15:45
- Hiera Hashing @ 24:00
That’s right, its another Change Assistant episode. Dan shares some updates to Change Assistant in 8.56, some 8.57 speculation, and applying PeopleTools Upgrades headlessly. Kyle shares an ACM discovery, and the PeopleTools Idea Space updates.
- VisualStudio Code PeopleSoft Plugin Follow-up @ 1:30
- GitLab Plugin for VSCode @ 3:15
- PeopleTools Idea Space @ 5:00
- ACM PTSFAdministerRemoteSearch @ 12:00
- 8.56 Change Assistant Updates @ 17:15
- Customization Repository
- Change Assistant and the DPK in 8.57?
- App Designer Change Package Support
- Headless PeopleTools Upgrades @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares from follow-up on URLs and Metadata, Dan discusses Single Signon changes with PeopleTools 8.56, and Dan explains the concept EFFDT to an enterprise Java developer.
- SuperBowl Follow-up @ 2:15
- Easy REST Requests @ 4:30
- ACM Library @ 5:45
- Metadata and Recent Places @ 8:30
- PeopleSoft and AWS @ 11:00
- 8.56 and SSO Configuration @ 16:00
- COTS vs. Homegrown Software @ 21:45
- SQL:2011 @29:45
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about cloud provisioning tools and how they could work for PeopleSoft Admins, Mike Ripley’s POC for securing WebLogic, and changes to the Change Assistant installation process.
- LinuxFilter Proof of Concept for WebLogic @ 1:30
- Insecure PeopleSoft Settings @ 6:00
- Random Default Local Node Name @ 9:30
- ps-terraform and working with cloud provisioning tools @ 15:00
- Change Assistant Installation Changes @ 26:00
- Headless PeopleTools Patching with Change Assistant @ 35:00