This week on the podcast, Kyle talks about Push Notifications he built for Phire and how you could extend Phire. Dan explains the pt_password DPK Puppet Type, and Kyle discusses a leak of 2 billion passwords.
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss Colton Fischer’s Web Profile discovery, Kyle shares his CPU Patching process and how he automated the process then Dan discusses how he resolved a PIA domain bug.
- Cryptomining Vulnerability and PS @ 1:00
- Colton Fischer on Signon Page changes in the Web Profile @ 4:30
ps_patchScript @ 12:30
- 8.56 PIA Domain Bug @ 26:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle adds WLST commands to his DPK builds, Dan creates custom Facts with Ruby code and shares his Hiera Hashing configuration for building 8.56 environments.
- Github Love @ 1:30
- WLST and the DPK @ 3:30
- Custom Facts @ 15:45
- Hiera Hashing @ 24:00
That’s right, its another Change Assistant episode. Dan shares some updates to Change Assistant in 8.56, some 8.57 speculation, and applying PeopleTools Upgrades headlessly. Kyle shares an ACM discovery, and the PeopleTools Idea Space updates.
- VisualStudio Code PeopleSoft Plugin Follow-up @ 1:30
- GitLab Plugin for VSCode @ 3:15
- PeopleTools Idea Space @ 5:00
- ACM PTSFAdministerRemoteSearch @ 12:00
- 8.56 Change Assistant Updates @ 17:15
- Customization Repository
- Change Assistant and the DPK in 8.57?
- App Designer Change Package Support
- Headless PeopleTools Upgrades @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan revisit the ACM (Automated Config Management). We discuss what the ACM is, how ACM works with the DPK, building custom ACM plugins and how to share ACM plugins.
- Revisiting ACM @ 1:00
- Using ACM with the Search Framework @ 5:00
- ACM and the DPK @ 9:00
- Building ACM Plugins @ 13:30
- Plugins that are missing @ 21:45
- GitHub Repository to Share ACM Plug-ins @ 30:00
- IDEA – More options for “Copy to File”
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle revisit their favorite tools and what has changed in the last two years.
- VisualStudio Code and Vim @ 2:00
- Git @ 5:30
- GitLab Community Edition @ 7:00
- OneNote @ 10:31
- Vagrant @ 13:15
- Trello @ 16:00
- Linux Tools @ 18:30
- Inline commands
- Cmder @ 23:00
- Powershell Modules @ 26:00
- Dotfiles @ 29:30
- TextExpander @ 32:15
This week on the podcast, Kyle finds the ProcessRestartMemoryLimit does not work as expected, Dan finds that the Purge Cache command has changed in 8.56, and Kyle recaps a successful Go-Live for PeopleTools 8.55 and Fluid Navigation.
- Page and Field CONFIGURATOR Follow-up @ 1:00
- October CVE Details @ 6:00
- Understanding ProcessRestartMemoryLimit @ 11:30
- Purge Cache Change in 8.56 @ 19:45
- Elasticsearch 04 DPK, POC Patches @ 25:30
- Unified Nav and My Favorites @ 31:30
- 8.55 and Fluid Nav Go-Live Success and Issues @ 38:15
This week on the podcast, Charlie Sinks joins us to talk about the Upper Midwest Regional User Group. We talk about using Agile with PeopleSoft, our experiences with Elasticearch, the Idea Space for PeopleTools, and using Git with PeopleSoft.
- Chatbots Demo @ 3:30
- Agile and PeopleSoft @ 11:00
- Elasticsearch Experiences @ 33:45
- PeopleTools 8.56 Updates @ 43:30
- Testing Effort for Certifications @ 45:30
pspuppet.shis used to prepare the environment. Need to invoke if the bootstrap or puppet failed and you need to re-run
- Idea Space @ 50:15
- Advanced PS Admin Talk @ 56:30
- Orchestration @ 61:00
- Using Git @ 67:30
This week on the podcast, an All Star cast joins Dan and Kyle to recap OpenWorld 2017. Mike Ripley, Graham Smith, Sasank Vemana, Wayne Fuller, and Brad Carlson share their thoughts on announcements and sessions from OpenWorld.
- Mike Ripley on Oracle 18c Announcements @ 2:00
- The Future of Change Assistant @ 6:00
- PeopleTools Platform Changes @ 15:00
- Graham Smith on Cloud Manager’s Value @ 17:30
- How do we run PeopleSoft Images? @ 25:00
- Elasticsearch Panel @ 32:45
- Where to start working with the DPK @ 38:30
- Graham Smith’s backyard office
- Sasank on Starting Fluid Development @ 42:00
- Wayne Fuller on the “2027” Support Date @ 48:00
- More Details on ClassicPlus @ 58:30
- Brad Carlson on Fast CPU Patching @ 67:00
- Brad and Sasank on Syncing People in PeopleSoft @ 77:00
- Personalizing the User Interface @ 84:00 Location and Time Specific Tiles @ 94:30
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss strategies to organize and manage Event Mapping code, writing code that other people will use, trying to work with Push Notifications and custom ACM modules. Kyle ends the podcast with a funny story about searching for images.
- Push Notification Testing @ 1:30
- Andy Dorman’s Push Notification Configuration
- [IDEA: Fix the 30 Character limit for ACCESSPOINTID}(https://community.oracle.com/ideas/16989)
- Simon Chiu’s Post on Setting up Push Notifications
- Event Mapping and Code Context @ 15:00
- Structuring Event Mapping Code @ 24:45
- Hiera and Puppet Environments @ 32:00
- Puppet and Windows Patching @ 37:30
- Collaborative Coding @ 43:30
- Attempting a Custom ACM Module @ 48:30
- Better Image Picker in PeopleSoft @ 53:15