This week on the podcast, Kyle talks about Push Notifications he built for Phire and how you could extend Phire. Dan explains the pt_password DPK Puppet Type, and Kyle discusses a leak of 2 billion passwords.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares how to disable PSWATCHSRV and how the Fluid Navigator broke. Kyle finds a bug with Facter. Then Dan and Kyle discuss default build settings in App Designer and what is “safe by default” when building projects.
- Psadmin.conf Thank You @ 3:30
- Java EE has a new home @ 6:30
- SublimeText 3.0 @ 8:15
- Elasticsearch and PeopleTools 8.55.19/8.56.04 @ 9:00
- Change Password, Fluid, Homepages @ 15:45
- Disabling PSWATCHSRV @ 22:00
- Breaking the Navigator and the Node Network @ 32:00
- Facter and FQDN Bug @ 39:00
- Default Build Settings @ 46:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle recaps the Phire User Group meeting, his PTF talk, and shares a nice tip on integrating Usage Monitor with PTF scripts. Then, Dan and Kyle discuss the latest changes with HR Image 23 and PeopleTools 8.56 and forcing users to adopt new technologies.
- Phire User Group Meeting Recap @ 2:00
- Kyle’s PTF Session @ Reconnect @ 17:30
- Usage Monitor and PTF @ 20:00
- Free Page Composer Course @ 27:00
- Oracle DB VM Build Scripts @ 29:00
- Powershell Style Guide 35:00
- Bash Style Guide from Google @ 37:00
- Change Assistant Command Line Improvements @ 41:00
- Forced Adoption @ 44:00
This week on the podcast David Bain, Product Manager for PeopleTools, joins us to talk about Fluid, the Cloud and PeopleSoft, and his favorite PeopleTools features. Dan and Kyle also recap some great discussions they had at the Collaborate conference.
- David Bain Interview
- Why the cloud is important to PeopleSoft @ 2:00
- Why Fluid is a better user interface @ 13:00
- Favorite new PeopleTools feature @ 19:45
- How PeopleSoft uses PTF internally @ 22:45
- Favorite PeopleTools feature of all time @ 26:00
- Recap of David’s Interview @ 28:00
- Unsexy software features @ 38:00
- “Hidden” PeopleTools features @ 39:30
- Interaction Hub @ 45:45
- Phire and a Testing Module @ 52:30