This week on the podcast, Kyle gives some suggestions on how to make dynamic links to other PeopleSoft homepages and Dan dives into what happens when you perform a search with Elasticsearch.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss the new PeopleSoft Support timeframe, controlling how much data the Search Framework indexes, and how to use Facter to redeploy software via the DPK.
- 2030 Commitment @ 1:00
- Auto Select Follow-up @ 7:15
- PeopleSoft Test Framework and TLS @ 8:45
- Facter and Redeploy @ 12:00
- Search Framework – Last X days @ 19:00
- Puppet variable warnings @ 27:00
This week on the podcast we welcome back Wayne Fuller to talk about Elasticsearch. Wayne gives an excellent introduction into using Elasticsearch with PeopleSoft, some lesson’s learned from his testing, and highlights the benefits of switching to the new search tool.
One quick note – after recording, Wayne got clarification that you cannot cut over to Elasticsearch by index, only by user. We’ll talk with Wayne in an upcoming episode again about that change so everybody has accurate information. -dan
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us at @psa_io, or use the Twitter hashtag #psadminpodcast.
- Testing Elasticsearch @ 1:00
- Elasticsearch and IB Changes @ 5:00
- Shards and Replicas @ 8:00
- Elasticsearch Infrastructure @ 13:00
- Elasticsearch Speed @ 17:15
- Search Framework Architecture Changes @ 18:00
- Integration Broker Impacts @ 25:00
- Attachment Processing @ 28:00
- Planning an Elasticsearch Deployment @ 31:30
- Improving the Search Framework @ 38:30
- Elasticsearch REST Interface @ 42:45
- Health Center and Elasticsearch @ 46:00
- Delete Processing @ 50:00
- Beta Testing Experience @ 55:30
At OpenWorld, Oracle announced that PeopleTools 8.55 will support Elasticsearch with the Search Framework. Elasticsearch will most likely be the long-term replacement for SES. The only timeframe announced is 2016 for Elasticsearch support, so it won’t be available when PeopleTools 8.55 is released. So, don’t shut down that SES server yet! Elasticsearch is an open source search software. You can download Elasticsearch now and start playing with it today. For more info on PeopleTools 8.55 and discussion on Elasticsearch, check out The PeopleSoft Administrator Podcast episode 2.
Update – May 1, 2015 Check out Episode 25 of The PeopleSoft Administrator Podcast to learn more about Elasticsearch.