This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss the Apache Axis vulnerability from the April 2018 CPUs, an Adventures in MOS, and some of the challenges in moving to the cloud. Kyle also shares an update about his new job.
That’s right, its another Change Assistant episode. Dan shares some updates to Change Assistant in 8.56, some 8.57 speculation, and applying PeopleTools Upgrades headlessly. Kyle shares an ACM discovery, and the PeopleTools Idea Space updates.
- VisualStudio Code PeopleSoft Plugin Follow-up @ 1:30
- GitLab Plugin for VSCode @ 3:15
- PeopleTools Idea Space @ 5:00
- ACM PTSFAdministerRemoteSearch @ 12:00
- 8.56 Change Assistant Updates @ 17:15
- Customization Repository
- Change Assistant and the DPK in 8.57?
- App Designer Change Package Support
- Headless PeopleTools Upgrades @ 30:00
This week on the podcast Kyle shares a frustration with the lack of metadata used in Favorites and other content references. Dan discusses two ideas to improve development and the Portal Node configuration page.
This week, Dan and Kyle talk about testing different web server configurations, using the ACM for Elasticsearch, and how mobile browsers work with websites. Then, they discuss different ways to promote yourself and your position to a boss or organization.
- VisualStudio Cod @ 1:00
- PeopleSoft Awesome List @ 9:30
- Table Statistics Review @ 10:45
- PeopleSoft Auditing and Logging @ 15:45
- Localapp and Facter @ 21:45
- Speeding up Elasticsearch Deployments with ACM @ 25:30
- Expanding ACM Usage @ 31:30
- Testing Configuration Assumptions @ 33:30
- Touch Icons and PeopleSoft @ 40:00
- Selling yourself and your position @ 44:00