This week on the podcast we welcome back Wayne Fuller to talk about Elasticsearch. Wayne gives an excellent introduction into using Elasticsearch with PeopleSoft, some lesson’s learned from his testing, and highlights the benefits of switching to the new search tool.
One quick note – after recording, Wayne got clarification that you cannot cut over to Elasticsearch by index, only by user. We’ll talk with Wayne in an upcoming episode again about that change so everybody has accurate information. -dan
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at email@example.com, tweet us at @psa_io, or use the Twitter hashtag #psadminpodcast.
You can listen to the podcast here on psadmin.io or subscribe with your favorite podcast player using the URL below, or subscribe in iTunes.
- Testing Elasticsearch @ 1:00
- Elasticsearch and IB Changes @ 5:00
- Shards and Replicas @ 8:00
- Elasticsearch Infrastructure @ 13:00
- Elasticsearch Speed @ 17:15
- Search Framework Architecture Changes @ 18:00
- Integration Broker Impacts @ 25:00
- Attachment Processing @ 28:00
- Planning an Elasticsearch Deployment @ 31:30
- Improving the Search Framework @ 38:30
- Elasticsearch REST Interface @ 42:45
- Health Center and Elasticsearch @ 46:00
- Delete Processing @ 50:00
- Beta Testing Experience @ 55:30
4 thoughts on “#54 – Elasticsearch w/ Wayne Fuller”
Recommendation: Have the links in the Show Notes open in a new tab.
Thanks Todd – we’ll look at doing that. Are you listening to the podcast via the website?