This week on the podcast, Dan discusses some issues with installing VisualCOBOL, Kyle and Dan talk about paying for software and a PeopleSoft Monitoring Tool that is based on Queries.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan announce psadmin.conf 2021, they discuss environment naming conventions, and Dan follows up on the Puppet lookup options from last week.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle share some updates to psadmin_plus and a DPK module, how report posting works and some thoughts on handling large reports, and Dan shares why you should be using the Domain Connect password in your domains.
We apologize for the audio this week.
- io_portalwar Index Redirect Changes @ 3:30
- psadmin_plus updates @ 9:00
- ACM Search Framework Improvement? @ 15:00
- Domain Connect Password @ 20:45
- Report Posting @ 28:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle learns how the Cloud Manager repository download and tracks files, and Dan shares how he configured backups for Cloud Manager in OCI.
- History of Markdown @ 1:00
- Emergency WL CPU Patch @ 6:00
- Corrupted CM DPK Repo Subscriptions @ 14:30
- E-CLOUD: How to Re-download the Corrupted/Failed PUM Image DPKs into Repository Using Cloud Manager?
- E-CLOUD: Cloud Manager 11 Repository Subscribe Channel Gave Error “Duplicate process. Another process is already downloading artifacts for the same product, release, platform combination” OCI SR Creation @ 22:30
- Cloud Manager Backups @ 26:45
This week on the podcast, David Kurtz joins us again to talk about nVision and how to improve the performance of nVision reports. David also shared his thoughts on Oracle’s Autonomous Databases and some tips on how to resolve invalid views.
This week on the podcast, David Kurtz joins Kyle and Dan to talk about PeopleSoft monitoring, using the PPM, and if you should use Cursor Sharing.
- Effective PeopleSoft Monitoring @ 3:00
- PeopleSoft Performance Monitor @ 17:00
- Guidance on Cursor Sharing @ 25:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares his thoughts on apply CPU vs. PSU java patches and Dan explains the different options for preloading application server cache.
- Shard Planning for Petabyte Scale Elasticsearch Clusters @ 3:50
- Customizing the Homepage @ 5:30
- JDK even v. odd number releases @ 13:00
- PeopleTools Security Patching @ 19:30
- Preload Cache @ 26:00
This week on the podcast, an All Star cast joins Dan and Kyle to recap OpenWorld 2017. Mike Ripley, Graham Smith, Sasank Vemana, Wayne Fuller, and Brad Carlson share their thoughts on announcements and sessions from OpenWorld.
- Mike Ripley on Oracle 18c Announcements @ 2:00
- The Future of Change Assistant @ 6:00
- PeopleTools Platform Changes @ 15:00
- Graham Smith on Cloud Manager’s Value @ 17:30
- How do we run PeopleSoft Images? @ 25:00
- Elasticsearch Panel @ 32:45
- Where to start working with the DPK @ 38:30
- Graham Smith’s backyard office
- Sasank on Starting Fluid Development @ 42:00
- Wayne Fuller on the “2027” Support Date @ 48:00
- More Details on ClassicPlus @ 58:30
- Brad Carlson on Fast CPU Patching @ 67:00
- Brad and Sasank on Syncing People in PeopleSoft @ 77:00
- Personalizing the User Interface @ 84:00 Location and Time Specific Tiles @ 94:30
This week on the podcast, Dan shares how to disable PSWATCHSRV and how the Fluid Navigator broke. Kyle finds a bug with Facter. Then Dan and Kyle discuss default build settings in App Designer and what is “safe by default” when building projects.
- Psadmin.conf Thank You @ 3:30
- Java EE has a new home @ 6:30
- SublimeText 3.0 @ 8:15
- Elasticsearch and PeopleTools 8.55.19/8.56.04 @ 9:00
- Change Password, Fluid, Homepages @ 15:45
- Disabling PSWATCHSRV @ 22:00
- Breaking the Navigator and the Node Network @ 32:00
- Facter and FQDN Bug @ 39:00
- Default Build Settings @ 46:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares why the Navigator button disappeared on him, using VisualStudio Code and Git-Bash, and Colton Fischer’s excellent POC projects. We finish the podcast with David Kurtz talking about the Oracle Resource Manager with multi-tenant databases.