This week on the podcast, Dan talks about using ACM for basic configuration and his tips for using proxies to debug search and IB issues. Kyle shares how he used Terraform and Resource Manager to auto-deploy Cloud Manager.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss using OneNote for technical documentation and why it works for them. Dan also talk about using the ACM more with the DPK and shared some of the limitations that still exist in the ACM.
- JSMPros Sound Bytes @ 2:30
- OneNote and Documentation @ 3:30
- ACM Deployments @ 13:00
- ACM and IB @ 17:30
- Separating ACM Runs in the DPK @ 28:30
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about running scheduled ACM jobs and how that led him to build a powershell wrapper for the process scheduler. Kyle and Dan also talk about spear fishing and being hyper aware for new attacks.
This week on the podcast, Kyle follows up on the Hub routings and has a use case for them, Dan shares an XML Validation tool, and then they discuss if you should use the Navigator and NavBars with Fluid Navigation.
This week Kyle and I presented at OpenWorld 2018. Our session talked about how to take advantage of Deployment Packages, using ACM to simplify database refreshes, using
psadmin-plus, and leveraging the new headless features of Change Assistant. You can view the slides here if you want to check out the presentation.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss how to hide public PeopleSoft pages from search results using the robots.txt file, good ideas gone bad when debugging, and how to contribute custom ACM plugins to the community (Thanks Cory!).
This week on the podcast, Colton Fischer joins Dan to talk about hidden ACM plugins, using the Web Profile to extend HTML pages, and his experience working with the Page and Field Configurator.
That’s right, its another Change Assistant episode. Dan shares some updates to Change Assistant in 8.56, some 8.57 speculation, and applying PeopleTools Upgrades headlessly. Kyle shares an ACM discovery, and the PeopleTools Idea Space updates.
- VisualStudio Code PeopleSoft Plugin Follow-up @ 1:30
- GitLab Plugin for VSCode @ 3:15
- PeopleTools Idea Space @ 5:00
- ACM PTSFAdministerRemoteSearch @ 12:00
- 8.56 Change Assistant Updates @ 17:15
- Customization Repository
- Change Assistant and the DPK in 8.57?
- App Designer Change Package Support
- Headless PeopleTools Upgrades @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares from follow-up on URLs and Metadata, Dan discusses Single Signon changes with PeopleTools 8.56, and Dan explains the concept EFFDT to an enterprise Java developer.
- SuperBowl Follow-up @ 2:15
- Easy REST Requests @ 4:30
- ACM Library @ 5:45
- Metadata and Recent Places @ 8:30
- PeopleSoft and AWS @ 11:00
- 8.56 and SSO Configuration @ 16:00
- COTS vs. Homegrown Software @ 21:45
- SQL:2011 @29:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan revisit the ACM (Automated Config Management). We discuss what the ACM is, how ACM works with the DPK, building custom ACM plugins and how to share ACM plugins.
- Revisiting ACM @ 1:00
- Using ACM with the Search Framework @ 5:00
- ACM and the DPK @ 9:00
- Building ACM Plugins @ 13:30
- Plugins that are missing @ 21:45
- GitHub Repository to Share ACM Plug-ins @ 30:00
- IDEA – More options for “Copy to File”