This week on the podcast Dan shares a fun tip to view hidden characters, Kyle talks about Vim Tabs and Sessions. Then Kyle and Dan talk about change package behavior, some bad migration advice on Oracle Support and what you should do instead.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a VisualStudio Code plugin that edits files using SSHFS and some lessons learned from a recent PeopleTools 8.56 upgrade. Dan and Kyle also talk about using Terraform to build and create servers on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic.
- Visual Studio Code – SSHFS editing! @ 1:30
- OPC CLI and Terraform @ 7:30
- Elasticsearch 05 DPK @ 5:30
- The Rabbit Hole @ 19:00
- 8.56 Go-Live @ 27:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle has some follow-up on PIA installations and discovers some unpleasant Unified Navigation behavior. Dan shares some tips for Facter and testing out the redeploy option with the DPK.
- PIA Installation FUP @ 1:30
- Facter and FACTER_ override @ 4:30
- Redeploy and WebLogic @ 8:00
- CPU Patching @ 18:30
- Unified Nav and SSO @ 23:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan recap the Reconnect 2018 conference, what they learned about the PeopleTools Roadmap, and some highlights from their sessions.
- PeopleTools Roadmap Session @ 6:00
- Securing and Hardening PeopleSoft @ 15:30
- Kyle’s CPU Talk @ 20:30
- Dan’s Devops and DPK @ 27:00
- Advanced PeopleSoft Adminstration @ 29:00
- PeopleTools Product Panel @ 37:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle discusses the changes to PIA installations in 8.56 and how to leverage Python and WLST with it. Dan shares how he improved nVision report performance, and the value of starting to automate small tasks.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss memory usage in PSAPPSRV with the JVM, how to work with network resources and Tuxedo, and Dan shares an “Adventures in MOS” about “huge” customizations.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss how to hide public PeopleSoft pages from search results using the robots.txt file, good ideas gone bad when debugging, and how to contribute custom ACM plugins to the community (Thanks Cory!).
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss the new PeopleSoft Support timeframe, controlling how much data the Search Framework indexes, and how to use Facter to redeploy software via the DPK.
- 2030 Commitment @ 1:00
- Auto Select Follow-up @ 7:15
- PeopleSoft Test Framework and TLS @ 8:45
- Facter and Redeploy @ 12:00
- Search Framework – Last X days @ 19:00
- Puppet variable warnings @ 27:00
This week on the podcast, Dan discusses how PTSF_GENFEED uses connected queries to build search data and discusses some useful behavior with .cfg and .properties files, and Kyle spends some time with Verity on PeopleTools 8.55.
This week on the podcast, Kyle follows up on his psc and psp bug, Dan doesn’t like the SSL setup in Linux and Kyle shares a great utility called chroot.