This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle announce the psadmin.io Wiki! The wiki is available to share tidbits and knowledge about PeopleSoft Administration, and help document some of the good practices for other PeopleSoft Administrators. Kyle also talks about some of the encryption changes in PSCipher in PeopleTools 8.57, and Dan explores some of the changes to the PIA installer.
This week on the podcast we discuss Event Mapping for App Engines that was teased in a PeopleSoft Talk. Then Kyle shares what learned about Portal Registries and security, and the new Reload Web Profile feature in 8.57.
- PS Talk with Rebekah Jackson @ 2:30
- Allow Unregistered Content @ 6:00
- 8.57 Reload Web Profile @ 17:30
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle share some recent bugs they dealt with and possible workarounds. Kyle also laments to de-support of the COBOL DPK for non-cloud customers.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss a few personal goals for 2019, and some password limitations with ViewAttachment and FTP servers. Then they share their thoughts on the Tao of HashiCorp and how it relates to PeopleSoft Admins.
- Personal Goals for 2019 @ 1:00
- Typing Proficiency
- Daily Logs
- FTP Password Errors @ 11:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 is Available @ 15:30
- Tao of PeopleSoft Administrators @ 21:30
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some changes when applying Change Packages with PeopleTools 8.57. He explains the new Subsequent Pass mode and what changed with the Move to Production mode. Kyle shares some changes with PT_COMMON, and then Dan and Kyle discuss serer naming conventions.
This week on the podcast, Dan goes through a list of troubleshooting steps for Elasticsearch that he has encountered over the last year. Dan and Kyle discuss shard management, replica settings, setting the JVM heap side, and monitoring Elasticsearch with Cerebro and ElasticHQ.
- ERDs for HR @ 1:30
- Elasticsearch “slow” @ 5:00
- Elasticsearch – Unassigned Shards @ 9:00
curl -u esadmin:password -XGET esserver:9200/_cat/shards?h=index,shard,prirep,state,unassigned.reason | grep UNASSIGNED
- Elasticsearch replica settings @ 16:00
- Cerebro @ 24:00
- Elasticsearch URL querying @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares a great MOS document that explains how psadmin issues tuxedo commands and asks if we could hook into that setup. Then Dan and Kyle discuss their ideal refresh process if they were to start from scratch.
This week on the podcast, Charlie Sinks joins us to talk about the Upper Midwest Regional User Group. We talk about using Agile with PeopleSoft, our experiences with Elasticearch, the Idea Space for PeopleTools, and using Git with PeopleSoft.
- Chatbots Demo @ 3:30
- Agile and PeopleSoft @ 11:00
- Elasticsearch Experiences @ 33:45
- PeopleTools 8.56 Updates @ 43:30
- Testing Effort for Certifications @ 45:30
pspuppet.shis used to prepare the environment. Need to invoke if the bootstrap or puppet failed and you need to re-run
- Idea Space @ 50:15
- Advanced PS Admin Talk @ 56:30
- Orchestration @ 61:00
- Using Git @ 67:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle finds the ProcessRestartMemoryLimit does not work as expected, Dan finds that the Purge Cache command has changed in 8.56, and Kyle recaps a successful Go-Live for PeopleTools 8.55 and Fluid Navigation.
- Page and Field CONFIGURATOR Follow-up @ 1:00
- October CVE Details @ 6:00
- Understanding ProcessRestartMemoryLimit @ 11:30
- Purge Cache Change in 8.56 @ 19:45
- Elasticsearch 04 DPK, POC Patches @ 25:30
- Unified Nav and My Favorites @ 31:30
- 8.55 and Fluid Nav Go-Live Success and Issues @ 38:15
This week on the podcast we welcome back Wayne Fuller to talk about Elasticsearch. Wayne gives an excellent introduction into using Elasticsearch with PeopleSoft, some lesson’s learned from his testing, and highlights the benefits of switching to the new search tool.
One quick note – after recording, Wayne got clarification that you cannot cut over to Elasticsearch by index, only by user. -dan
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @psa_io.
- Testing Elasticsearch @ 1:00
- Elasticsearch and IB Changes @ 5:00
- Shards and Replicas @ 8:00
- Elasticsearch Infrastructure @ 13:00
- Elasticsearch Speed @ 17:15
- Search Framework Architecture Changes @ 18:00
- Integration Broker Impacts @ 25:00
- Attachment Processing @ 28:00
- Planning an Elasticsearch Deployment @ 31:30
- Improving the Search Framework @ 38:30
- Elasticsearch REST Interface @ 42:45
- Health Center and Elasticsearch @ 46:00
- Delete Processing @ 50:00
- Beta Testing Experience @ 55:30