This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle announce registration for psadmin.conf 2020 and debate if the Frozen II sound track is better than the first. Then Kyle discusses how Unified Navigation communication can be confusing and how network topologies can impact Unified Navigation.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about password limitations with the DPK and what your options are when working complex passwords. Kyle also shares how the REN server was causing issues with the Master Scheduler.
- DPK Hashing Challenges @1:00
- DPK Password Guidance @ 7:00
- Cloud Manager Ideas @ 13:00
- Master Scheduler and REN @ 21:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan share what they are thankful for. Then they talk about how to build out a deployment plan and some of the tips that make a good plan.
- Things we are thankful for @ 3:00
- Deployment Planning @ 9:30
This week on the podcast, we discuss some feedback on using Shared Cache, options for non-production SMTP servers, and a chicken and egg problem with the Elasticsearch DPK silent install.
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion joins us to talk about different options for masking data in PeopleSoft and locking components down for business processing. Then we discuss the different types of queries in PeopleSoft and how Jim would improve the query tools.
- Data Masking @ 4:15
- Component Lockout @ 13:00
- Query Manager @ 18:00
- Query Improvements @ 33:00
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion joins us to talk about how continuous delivery on the application side impacts PeopleTools. We also talk about Kyle’s “PUM Scrum” idea and some of our favorite features in the upcoming PeopleTools 8.58 release.
- 8.58 Excitement @ 3:00
- Continuous Delivery Impacts on PeopleTools @ 7:15
- “PUM Scrum” and PTF @ 23:00
This week on the podcast, Dan explains how he made the PeopleSoft Images run much faster and shares the code he used to make it happen. Dan and Kyle also talk about the advantages (and disadvantages) of using shared cache in your production environment.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle recap some of the great discussions and sessions at the 2019 Fall UMRUG meeting. Kyle also talks about some great ideas for using the ACCTLOCK field.
- Keynote by Sentinel Software @ 2:00
- nVision Performance Issues with 8.56/8.57 @ 6:45
- PeopleTools Integration Broker Missing Manual @ 11:00
- MOS Tips and Tricks @ 12:45
- Charlie Sinks on Rundeck @ 14:00
- PT Infrastructure Roadmap @ 19:00
- Account Locking @ 24:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares some follow-up on the master scheduler changes he made, and Dan shares how he approached troubleshooting an Elasticsearch search issue.
- Regex processing explained @ :45
- [Run Control Framework VFO](PeopleSoft Update Run Control Dates Framework) @ 5:00
- Master Scheduler Follow-up @ 8:00
- Use the DPK to add a pluggable database to a CDB @ 22:30
- Troubleshooting Search Issues @ 27:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss how to use the Update Manager Dashboard for improving Event Mapping lifecycle management, the upcoming Infrastructure DPKs, and integrating Kibana into more of PeopleSoft.