This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about improving yourself and your team with compounding marginal gains. We discuss ways you become a better admin or developer and simplify your work.
5 years of The PeopleSoft Administrator Podcast!
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan celebrate 5 years of podcasting and then take a detour into PeopleTools Patching. They discuss what rolling back a PeopleTools Patch would look like and share some thoughts on how to make PeopleTools Patch testing easier.
- 5 Years @ 1:30
- CPU Patching @ 4:30
- PeopleTools Patch Rollback Planning @ 9:30
- Testing PeopleTools Patches @ 27:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle finds that Cloud Manager removed a feature and Dan discusses some architectural designs for Integration Broker.
This week on the podcast, Charlie Sinks joins us to recap the Reconnect 2020 conference. We share our favorite sessions from the week, some of the things we learned this week, and what we liked about the virtual format.
- Virtual Format Likes and Dislikes @ 1:30
- Session Recaps @ 17:00
- PeopleSoft Product Update
- PeopleTools Roadmap
- Elasticsearch Best Practices
- Remote Client Functionality
- Platform Overview
- File Integration Framework
- Baking more than PI with OCI
- Taking PeopleSoft Swimming in an Instance Pool
- Running PeopleSoft on OCI
- Jim Marion Sessions
- PeopleTools Product Panel
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a tool he uses to work with certificates and keystores, Kyle gives a tip when working the Linux services, and then they talk about the CFO tool and why you should use it.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about psadmin.io Cloud Operations. .io Cloud Ops is the methodology and tools we use to run PeopleSoft on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. We discuss what it is and talk about the new open source tools that help us run PeopleSoft on OCI.
- PSUG – OCI Fireside Chat @ 1:00
- PeopleSoft Innovator Summit – Advanced PeopleSoft Administration @ 3:00
- Upcoming Openings for Dan and Kyle @ 6:30
- Why DPK? Automation? @ 8:30
- psadmin.io Cloud Operations @ 12:00
- Resource Manager Drift Detection @ 25:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Rundeck and how to manage scripts used by Rundeck, share their virtual meeting tips, get back on the conference speaking circuit.
- Upcoming sessions at events @ 1:00
- PSUG OCI Fireside Chat
- Appsian PeopleSoft Summit – Advanced PeopleSoft Administration
- Running PeopleSoft on OCI (Dan)
- Taking PS swimming in an OCI Instance Pool (Kyle)
- Baking more than PI with OCI (Kyle)
- .conf 2021 @ 9:00
- Virtual Meeting Tips @ 10:00
- Rundeck Script Management @ 23:30
- Where does Rundeck fit? @ 33:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Cloud Managers Start/Stop feature, Dan shares some Vagabond project updates, then they discuss the benefits of simple systems.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a terrible idea that he wants to try and an Adventures in MOS. Then Kyle and Dan discuss the login process in PeopleSoft and why it’s important to understand when troubleshooting.
- Using Git for Word Docs @ 1:45
- Adventures in MOS @ 6:00
- The Login Process @ 10:45
- A Moment of Appreciation for PeopleCode Tracing @ 27:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about Elasticsearch Direct Transfer architecture and a few edge cases with the setup. They also remind everyone about mosbot, and also talk about accessing metadata on OCI instances.