This week on the podcast, Dan learns about a new way to enable Hiera hashing in the DPK and laments about a DPK bug that still exists, and Kyle and Dan discuss the new Prompt Table Override feature in 8.58.
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about a contextual Nav Bar idea and then he and Kyle discuss the idea of using the Cloud Manager libraries for general automation.
- Quick Start Reference for PeopleSoft Update Images on PeopleTools 8.58 @ 3:00
- 8.58 First Thoughts @ 5:00
- PeopleSoft and Elasticsearch Security Examined @ 13:15
- Presentation: PeopleSoft and ElasticSearch Security Examined
- Cloud Manager Kit @ 16:45
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle are excited that PeopleTools 8.58 is available for on prem. We discuss the VisualCOBOL support timeline change, and Dan discusses his experience with the Cloud Manager Self Update feature.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares his experience with the new VisualCOBOL compiler and how to reorder Signon PeopleCode. Kyle shares his first impressions with the new Health Center in PeopleTools 8.58.
- Safari and 2-Year Certs @ 1:45
- VisualCOBOL @ 4:15
- Signon PeopleCode @ 12:00
- 8.58 Health Center First Impressions @ 16:45
This week on the podcast, Dan discussing signing nVision Macros to work on machines with stricter security settings. Then, Kyle and Dan review changes in PeopleTools 8.58 that is covered in PeopleBooks.
- Signing nVision Macros @ 2:30
- PeopleBooks 8.58 Updates @ 10:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about the benefits of blogging for yourself, a fun SQL murder mystery game, and then they dive into the changes in the DPK for PeopleTools 8.58.
This week on the podcast we talk about PeopleTools 8.58 and some of the new features we are most excited about. Dan also shares his experience with using Cloud Manager to auto-upgrade an environment to 8.58.
- PeopleTools 8.58 is Out @ 1:30
- Automatic PeopleTools Upgrade @ 4:30
- New User Interface @ 6:45
- Config/Customization Improvements @ 12:30
- Reporting and Kibana! @ 18:45
- Health Center and Logstash @ 22:00
- Machine Learning Framework @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion joins us to talk about how continuous delivery on the application side impacts PeopleTools. We also talk about Kyle’s “PUM Scrum” idea and some of our favorite features in the upcoming PeopleTools 8.58 release.
- 8.58 Excitement @ 3:00
- Continuous Delivery Impacts on PeopleTools @ 7:15
- “PUM Scrum” and PTF @ 23:00
This week on the podcast, Graham Smith, Sasank, Vemana and Jim Marion join Dan at Oracle Open World 2019 to recap the big PeopleSoft announcements. The group discusses the upcoming UI changes in PeopleTools 8.58, the upcoming Kibana visualizations capabilities for application data, and a discussion about search security.
- 8.58 UI Changes @ 3:00
- Kibana Visualizations @ 10:00
- Search Security @ 18:00
- Chatbots and demos that go wrong @ 27:00
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion joins Kyle and Dan to talk about PeopleTools 8.57 and some of the lessons learned and things to watch out for in the new release. If you want to learn Fluid and improve your PeopleSoft Development skills, Jim has the best PeopleSoft training.
- Branding Objects @ 3:30
- Tile Wizard @ 8:00
- Properties Editor in App Designer @ 11:45
- Control-Delete @ 14:00
- Unified Navigation – SSOTester @ 16:30
- Push Notifications @ 18:45
- Elasticsearch Plugins @ 20:30
- Kibana Dashboard @ 21:00
- Reload Web Profile @ 24:00
- Macro Sets @ 28:00