This week on the podcast, Kyle follows up on the Hub routings and has a use case for them, Dan shares an XML Validation tool, and then they discuss if you should use the Navigator and NavBars with Fluid Navigation.
This week Kyle and I presented at OpenWorld 2018. Our session talked about how to take advantage of Deployment Packages, using ACM to simplify database refreshes, using
psadmin-plus, and leveraging the new headless features of Change Assistant. You can view the slides here if you want to check out the presentation.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss how to hide public PeopleSoft pages from search results using the robots.txt file, good ideas gone bad when debugging, and how to contribute custom ACM plugins to the community (Thanks Cory!).
This week on the podcast, Colton Fischer joins Dan to talk about hidden ACM plugins, using the Web Profile to extend HTML pages, and his experience working with the Page and Field Configurator.
That’s right, its another Change Assistant episode. Dan shares some updates to Change Assistant in 8.56, some 8.57 speculation, and applying PeopleTools Upgrades headlessly. Kyle shares an ACM discovery, and the PeopleTools Idea Space updates.
- VisualStudio Code PeopleSoft Plugin Follow-up @ 1:30
- GitLab Plugin for VSCode @ 3:15
- PeopleTools Idea Space @ 5:00
- ACM PTSFAdministerRemoteSearch @ 12:00
- 8.56 Change Assistant Updates @ 17:15
- Customization Repository
- Change Assistant and the DPK in 8.57?
- App Designer Change Package Support
- Headless PeopleTools Upgrades @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares from follow-up on URLs and Metadata, Dan discusses Single Signon changes with PeopleTools 8.56, and Dan explains the concept EFFDT to an enterprise Java developer.
- SuperBowl Follow-up @ 2:15
- Easy REST Requests @ 4:30
- ACM Library @ 5:45
- Metadata and Recent Places @ 8:30
- PeopleSoft and AWS @ 11:00
- 8.56 and SSO Configuration @ 16:00
- COTS vs. Homegrown Software @ 21:45
- SQL:2011 @29:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan revisit the ACM (Automated Config Management). We discuss what the ACM is, how ACM works with the DPK, building custom ACM plugins and how to share ACM plugins.
- Revisiting ACM @ 1:00
- Using ACM with the Search Framework @ 5:00
- ACM and the DPK @ 9:00
- Building ACM Plugins @ 13:30
- Plugins that are missing @ 21:45
- GitHub Repository to Share ACM Plug-ins @ 30:00
- IDEA – More options for “Copy to File”
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss strategies to organize and manage Event Mapping code, writing code that other people will use, trying to work with Push Notifications and custom ACM modules. Kyle ends the podcast with a funny story about searching for images.
- Push Notification Testing @ 1:30
- Andy Dorman’s Push Notification Configuration
- [IDEA: Fix the 30 Character limit for ACCESSPOINTID}(https://community.oracle.com/ideas/16989)
- Simon Chiu’s Post on Setting up Push Notifications
- Event Mapping and Code Context @ 15:00
- Structuring Event Mapping Code @ 24:45
- Hiera and Puppet Environments @ 32:00
- Puppet and Windows Patching @ 37:30
- Collaborative Coding @ 43:30
- Attempting a Custom ACM Module @ 48:30
- Better Image Picker in PeopleSoft @ 53:15
This week, Dan and Kyle talk about linting and the tnsnames.ora file, managing a Portal reimplementation proejct and follow-up on the TimesTen database. Then Kyle gives us a great overview of why you shouldn’t use LOCAL_NODE on Content References.
- TimesTen Follow-up @ 1:00
- PUM – Manual Upload @ 4:00
- VirtualBox DPK and HCM Image 23 @ 6:30
- Puppet-Lint @ 13:45
- TNSNames.ora linter? @ 17:30
- Application ACM Templates @ 21:15
- Date-Range Search Index Builds @ 24:30
- PTSF Attachment Debugging in 8.55.17+ @ 29:45
- LOCAL_NODE vs. Content Node @ 32:30
This week on the podcast, Dan dives into some advanced Puppet configuration to use with the DPK. Dan and Kyle discuss Hiera hash merging, using Puppet environments, and using the ACM with the DPK. Kyle talks about a bug with the Interaction Hub and My Favorites and some odd finds in PeopleBooks.
- psadmin.conf @ :30
- PeopleBooks Screenshot @ 3:00
- Self Service Scheduling @ 4:00
- Odd Database Platform Support @ 5:45
- Signing GitHub Commits @ 7:30
- Elasticsearch Ideas @ 8:30
- Interaction Hub, Unified Nav and My Favorites Issue @ 13:00
- Search data in non-production environments @ 19:30
- Using ACM with the DPK @ 25:30
- Multiple Databases with the ACM and DPK @ 33:00
- Puppet Environments and the DPK @ 39:00
- Enable Hiera Hashing and the DPK @ 49:30
- Disabling ACM via