This week on the podcast, Dan gives an update on his Hyper-V work with Vagabond and shares a funny log line he found, and Kyle shares some thoughts on making Hiera and eYAML more secure.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares his good experience with the Infrastructure DPK and a few things that didn’t work as expected, and Dan and Kyle discuss the 8.58 Login page and the Elasticsearch DPK Silent Install option.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares a fun way to learn Git and learn to be a better programmer, Dan shares some advantages of 3-Tier App Designer, and Kyle and Dan discuss personalized development environments.
- Boost Your Programming Skills with the Git codebase @ 2:00
- [Elastic 7 clustering changes](https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/7.x/modules-discovery-bootstrap- cluster.html) @ 10:30
- 3-Tier Debugger @ 13:45
- Personal Development Environments @ 20:00
- Advantages of 3-Tier App Designer Connections @ 28:00
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a tip to generate App Designer crash logs, Kyle talks about adapting and learning to new technologies and some tips for using the OCI CLI.
- Adapting to new things @ 1:30
- App Designer Dump Files @ 6:00
- PeopleTools 8.58 Overview Course @ 10:15
- Cloud Manager 11 Backup and Restore @ 12:45
- Cloud Manager Start/Stop Domains @ 18:00
- oci_cli_rc @
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle share their thoughts on how PeopleTools Development should change in the future.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a few tips he’s learned on writing better bash scripts, how the OpenDistro Elasticsearch plugins can be used, and how to generate dump files for App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the approached an issue with slow process starts and why understanding the technology stack is so important.
- Bash skillz @ 3:00
- App Designer Dump Files @ 8:45
- OpenDistro ES @ 10:30
- Troubleshooting Slow Process Starts @ 19:00
- Uncommon Solutions @ 34:00
- Work to Replicate the issue/Look at code (if possible)
- MOS/Local Knowledge Base (wiki or tickets)
- Isolate the cause/Eliminate variables/Research Logs
- Attempt to understand the flow/technology/stack
- Develop root-cause theory
- Test to prove/disprove theory
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion of jmspros.com joins us to talk about Drop Zones. Dan and Kyle also discuss with Jim what a web-based App Designer would look like and if it would be worth the effort.
Jim Marion on Drop Zones @ 1:30
Drop Zone Considerations @ 11:45
What would a PIA-based App Designer look like? @ 24:00
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle announce the psadmin.io Wiki! The wiki is available to share tidbits and knowledge about PeopleSoft Administration, and help document some of the good practices for other PeopleSoft Administrators. Kyle also talks about some of the encryption changes in PSCipher in PeopleTools 8.57, and Dan explores some of the changes to the PIA installer.
This week on the podcast, Brad Carlson, Adam Wlad and Jim Marion join Dan to recap the Alliance 2018 conference. We discuss some CPU Patching issues, the 2027 date for PeopleSoft, and PeopleTools 8.57 announcements.
- Technical and Reporting Advisory Group @ 1:45
- CPU Patching and Security @ 5:15
- PeopleSoft 2027 @ 15:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 – Cloud First @ 19:30
- PeopleTools 8.57 UI Changes @ 29:15
- Page and Field Configurator @ 40:00
- App Designer Improvements @ 49:45
- Stop and Shares @ 56:30
- Learning about Fluid @ 60:00
This week on the podcast Kyle and Dan discuss different strategies for managing DPK archive files. Dan also discovers a few small improvements in the 8.56 PS_HOME and where to find the mythical Application DPK files.
- App Designer Bug in 8.56 @ 1:00
- 8.56 PS_HOME @ 5:00
- Client Tools Install @ 8:30
- Application DPK @ 11:00
- Mananging DPK Archives @ 14:30