This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle share their thoughts on how PeopleTools Development should change in the future.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a few tips he’s learned on writing better bash scripts, how the OpenDistro Elasticsearch plugins can be used, and how to generate dump files for App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the approached an issue with slow process starts and why understanding the technology stack is so important.
- Bash skillz @ 3:00
- App Designer Dump Files @ 8:45
- OpenDistro ES @ 10:30
- Troubleshooting Slow Process Starts @ 19:00
- Uncommon Solutions @ 34:00
- Work to Replicate the issue/Look at code (if possible)
- MOS/Local Knowledge Base (wiki or tickets)
- Isolate the cause/Eliminate variables/Research Logs
- Attempt to understand the flow/technology/stack
- Develop root-cause theory
- Test to prove/disprove theory
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion of jmspros.com joins us to talk about Drop Zones. Dan and Kyle also discuss with Jim what a web-based App Designer would look like and if it would be worth the effort.
Jim Marion on Drop Zones @ 1:30
Drop Zone Considerations @ 11:45
What would a PIA-based App Designer look like? @ 24:00
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle announce the psadmin.io Wiki! The wiki is available to share tidbits and knowledge about PeopleSoft Administration, and help document some of the good practices for other PeopleSoft Administrators. Kyle also talks about some of the encryption changes in PSCipher in PeopleTools 8.57, and Dan explores some of the changes to the PIA installer.
This week on the podcast, Brad Carlson, Adam Wlad and Jim Marion join Dan to recap the Alliance 2018 conference. We discuss some CPU Patching issues, the 2027 date for PeopleSoft, and PeopleTools 8.57 announcements.
- Technical and Reporting Advisory Group @ 1:45
- CPU Patching and Security @ 5:15
- PeopleSoft 2027 @ 15:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 – Cloud First @ 19:30
- PeopleTools 8.57 UI Changes @ 29:15
- Page and Field Configurator @ 40:00
- App Designer Improvements @ 49:45
- Stop and Shares @ 56:30
- Learning about Fluid @ 60:00
This week on the podcast Kyle and Dan discuss different strategies for managing DPK archive files. Dan also discovers a few small improvements in the 8.56 PS_HOME and where to find the mythical Application DPK files.
- App Designer Bug in 8.56 @ 1:00
- 8.56 PS_HOME @ 5:00
- Client Tools Install @ 8:30
- Application DPK @ 11:00
- Mananging DPK Archives @ 14:30
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a quick review on Classic Plus and tip when using App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the Search Framework implements security on search results.
The second set of psadmin.conf videos are available! These videos are two Blitz Talks on Development. Staci Ludwig shares 10 things you need to know about Nodes and Kyle Benson shares a project that helps integrate Git and App Designer.
We have released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up. If you have already signed up for the course, you can log in and the videos will be available.
This week on the podcast, Kyle discusses how he kept the Supplier Portal in Classic while going Fluid Nav for the rest of the application, Dan shares some Related Content feedback and some App Designer filtering tips.
- Don’t be afraid of Makefiles @ 7:00
- MOS Documents in Google results? @ 13:30
- Classic on my Supplier Portal @ 16:00
- Related Content Follow-up @ 32:00
- Security Deployment with Custom Security @ 37:45
- PUM and Translations @ 43:00
- Mobile-friendly Tool Tips @ 46:00
- Beyond Compare and YAML @ 49:00
- App Designer Filtering @ 53:00
This week on the podcast Jim Marion joins us to talk about Fluid Development, embedding PeopleSoft into cloud applications, Event Mapping, where the cloud makes sense and Jim’s new role at GreyHeller.
- Jim’s Background @ 2:15
- New Role with Grey Heller @ 3:45
- Thoughts on the future of PeopleTools @ 6:00
- Fluid Development @ 9:00
- Improving App Designer @ 11:30
- Event Mapping and Branding Objects @ 14:00
- Using the Cloud at Grey Heller @ 25:45
- Embedding PeopleSoft with Cloud Applications @ 32:00
- Disadvantages of Hybrid Cloud Systems @ 43:30
- Where the Cloud makes sense @ 47:30