This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle are excited that PeopleTools 8.58 is available for on prem. We discuss the VisualCOBOL support timeline change, and Dan discusses his experience with the Cloud Manager Self Update feature.
If you haven’t installed Cloud Manager yet, watch this video first to learn how to install Cloud Manager.
[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12 Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))
choco install firefox -y
This week on the podcast, Graham Smith joins Dan to talk about passwords and Cloud Manager 10. We discuss the new installation process, the use of Terraform and the File Storage System, and improvements to building environments.
- Password Complexity @ 1:30
- Cloud Manager 10 Review
- Cloud Manager Audiences @ 9:30
- Installation via Resource Manager @ 16:00
- Terraform as a first class citizen @ 20:00
- OCI File Storage System @ 26:00
- Self-Updating @ 27:30
- Cloning Environments @ 31:30
- Managing Nodes @ 35:30
- Windows Support @ 39:00
- Importing Environments @ 42:45
- CM Wishlist @ 44:30
Sign up for an Oracle Cloud Trial Account
Create SSH key
ssh-keygen -f ~/.ssh/cmtrial cat ~/.ssh/cmtrial.pub
Create OCI API Key
openssl genrsa -out ~/.oci/cmtrial.pem -aes128 2048 openssl rsa -pubout -in ~/.oci/cmtrial.pem -out ~/.oci/cmtrial.pub openssl rsa -pubout -outform DER -in ~/.oci/cmtrial.pem | openssl md5 -c cat ~/.oci/cmtrial.pub base64 ~/.oci/cmtrial.pem | tr -d "\r\n"
Allow Public Access to CM
- Menu > Networking > VCN > cm Subnet > Security Lists > cm_sec
- Add a new rule:
- Add a
hostsentry to access CM
echo "IPADDRESS psftcm.cm.psftcm.oraclevcn.com" | sudo tee -a /etc/hosts
Logs to view while waiting for Cloud Manager to finish.
ssh -i ~/.ssh/cmtrial opc@IPADDRESS tail -f bootstrap/CloudManagerStatus.log tail -f bootstrap/psft_oci_setup.log
This week on the podcast we talk about PeopleTools 8.58 and some of the new features we are most excited about. Dan also shares his experience with using Cloud Manager to auto-upgrade an environment to 8.58.
- PeopleTools 8.58 is Out @ 1:30
- Automatic PeopleTools Upgrade @ 4:30
- New User Interface @ 6:45
- Config/Customization Improvements @ 12:30
- Reporting and Kibana! @ 18:45
- Health Center and Logstash @ 22:00
- Machine Learning Framework @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about better password policies, the value of having real-time system information, and how easy it is to install Cloud Manager 10.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about password limitations with the DPK and what your options are when working complex passwords. Kyle also shares how the REN server was causing issues with the Master Scheduler.
- DPK Hashing Challenges @1:00
- DPK Password Guidance @ 7:00
- Cloud Manager Ideas @ 13:00
- Master Scheduler and REN @ 21:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about Cloud Manager 9 features and the importance of remembering the basics. Kyle also shares some great information on what type of page transfer to use between Fluid, Classic, and more.
- I forgot how to manage a server @ 1:00
- Queries: Add to Favorite Menu @ 6:30
- Implementing Transfers and Modal Windows with PeopleCode @ 10:00
- Cloud Manager Image 9 @ 17:30
This week on the podcast, Graham Smith and Jim Marion join us to recap Open World 2018. We discuss the new Drop Zones feature, Graham’s view of smart customizations, Jim’s tips for working with the Fluid Homepage, and a review of Cloud Manager 7.
This week on the podcast, Kyle goes back to applying bundles and appreciates all the improvements to Change Assistant. Dan shares his research of “Slow PO Output” and what was really going on.