This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about better password policies, the value of having real-time system information, and how easy it is to install Cloud Manager 10.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan recap the Reconnect 2018 conference, what they learned about the PeopleTools Roadmap, and some highlights from their sessions.
- PeopleTools Roadmap Session @ 6:00
- Securing and Hardening PeopleSoft @ 15:30
- Kyle’s CPU Talk @ 20:30
- Dan’s Devops and DPK @ 27:00
- Advanced PeopleSoft Adminstration @ 29:00
- PeopleTools Product Panel @ 37:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan recap the psadmin.conf 2018 conference.
- Vulnerability Testing During Happy Hour @ 1:30
- DPK Lab and Open Lab @ 4:45
- Kyle and Team Save the World @ 11:30
- JR Bing on Kuebernetes and Elasticsearch @ 13:00
- Greg Wendt on GH Insights @ 18:00
- Frank Dolezal on Monitoring PeopleSoft @ 21:30
- David Vandiver’s Process Monitor 2.0 @ 29:00
- Nate Werner on Protecting Secrets @ 31:30
- Kyle and Dan on using Terraform with PeopleSoft @ 37:00
- Brad Carlson on the open source IB Monitor @ 39:00
- Scott Hirni on PeopleMobile UX @ 43:00
- Tech Roundtable @ 47:00
- Mark Hoernemann on the PeopleTools Roadmap @ 49:30
This week on the podcast, Brad Carlson, Adam Wlad and Jim Marion join Dan to recap the Alliance 2018 conference. We discuss some CPU Patching issues, the 2027 date for PeopleSoft, and PeopleTools 8.57 announcements.
- Technical and Reporting Advisory Group @ 1:45
- CPU Patching and Security @ 5:15
- PeopleSoft 2027 @ 15:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 – Cloud First @ 19:30
- PeopleTools 8.57 UI Changes @ 29:15
- Page and Field Configurator @ 40:00
- App Designer Improvements @ 49:45
- Stop and Shares @ 56:30
- Learning about Fluid @ 60:00
Registration for psadmin.conf 2018 is open!
The Call for Presentations closes on February 15, 2018. We are still accepting proposals and would love to have you present!
See you in May!
psadmin.conf 2018 is May 6-8, 2018 in Minneapolis, MN!
This week on the podcast, an All Star cast joins Dan and Kyle to recap OpenWorld 2017. Mike Ripley, Graham Smith, Sasank Vemana, Wayne Fuller, and Brad Carlson share their thoughts on announcements and sessions from OpenWorld.
- Mike Ripley on Oracle 18c Announcements @ 2:00
- The Future of Change Assistant @ 6:00
- PeopleTools Platform Changes @ 15:00
- Graham Smith on Cloud Manager’s Value @ 17:30
- How do we run PeopleSoft Images? @ 25:00
- Elasticsearch Panel @ 32:45
- Where to start working with the DPK @ 38:30
- Graham Smith’s backyard office
- Sasank on Starting Fluid Development @ 42:00
- Wayne Fuller on the “2027” Support Date @ 48:00
- More Details on ClassicPlus @ 58:30
- Brad Carlson on Fast CPU Patching @ 67:00
- Brad and Sasank on Syncing People in PeopleSoft @ 77:00
- Personalizing the User Interface @ 84:00 Location and Time Specific Tiles @ 94:30
This week, Kevin Antoff joins Dan and Kyle to recap the Reconnect 2017 conference. Kevin also discusses his experience with Elasticsearch and how Oracle is improving the tool in newer PeopleTools releases.
- Beta Testing Elasticsearch @ 2:00
- Elasticsearch Attachment Direct Transfer @ 3:30
- Reconnect Keynote @ 8:45
- Using Change Assistant for Refreshes @ 10:30
- PeopleTools Roadmap @ 12:00
- Beyond the Upgrade @ 25:00
- Using ACM with Elasticsearch @ 28:00
- Fundamentals of Elasticsearch @ 35:15
- Elasticsearch Roundtable @ 45:30
- Sentinal Security @ 51:15
- PeopleTools Product Panel @ 58:00
- PS Admin Roundtable @ 67:15
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle review some of the highlights from the Alliance conference. Then, they talk about about the history of PTF, hidden gems in PeopleTools, upcoming 8.56 changes and more.
- Collaborate Sessions
- PeopleTools Roadmap Session @ 2:30
- 8.56 Supported Platform Changes
- DPK Improvements
- Virtual CD End of Life
- Extending PeopleSoft the Fluid Way @ 12:00
- Fluid Nav Collections
- Update Save Event Mapping
- DevOps and PeopleSoft @ 21:30
- Calculating Automation Time Savings
- PS Admin Toolbelt @ 25:30
- PeopleSoft Automation and Deployment @ 31:30
- PS_APP_HOME Patching
- PeopleSoft Cloud Architecture Tips @ 38:00
- PeopleTools Product Panel @ 42:15
- Lifecycle Management Panel @ 51:45
This week on the podcast, Charlie Sinks joins us to talk about everything we learned at the Upper Midwest Regional User Group meeting. We talk about PeopleTools 8.56, changes in Lifecycle Management, Fluid adoption, Elasticsearch, Dan’s DPK session, and much more.
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at email@example.com, tweet us at @psa_io, or use the Twitter hashtag #psadminpodcast.
- Benefits of the Roundtable @ 3:30
- Roundtable Topics:
- Extending 9.1 Support @ 5:15
- Current Versions of PeopleTools @ 6:30
- Fluid, Fluid, and more Fluid @ 8:45
- Classic Plus @ 10:45
- Classic Pages and Support @ 14:00
- Elasticsearch in 8.55.11 @ 17:45
- Getting started with Decoupled Homes @ 25:30
- Conditional Navigation @ 32:00
- 9.2 Upgrade and Tools? @ 35:45
- PeopleTools 8.56 Details @ 39:30
- Selective Adoption
- Event Mapping
- BI Publisher
- The “PeopleSoft” name
- Dan’s DPK Talk @ 52:00
- LifeCycle Management
- PTF, Usage Monitor and PTF Upgrade Utility @ 57:00
- PUM Environments for Testing @ 61:30
- How to determine the PeopleSoft Image you are on @ 67:45
- Keeping older PeopleSoft Images @ 72:15
- Best Practices for Lifecycle Management Red Paper @ 78:00
- PUM Analytics @ 79:00