This week on the podcast, Dan shares a lesson learned when applying PRPs and using Puppet with OCI resources. The Kyle and Dan discuss upcoming Cloud Manager features and the Leaky Roof analogy.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle recap the sessions and labs from psadmin.conf 2020. We discuss some of our favorite moments from the sessions and lab, and share some of the great things we learned from the event.
- Future of ELK with PeopleSoft @ 5:00
- Automated Migrations @ 16:30
- Using a Master Inventory @ 19:00
- Making Life Complicated with PeopleSoft GitDevOps @ 23:00
- Propagating Cache to App Servers @ 27:30
- psoftbeat 2.0 @ 30:15
- Platform Overview @ 33:00
- Lab reviews @ 37:30
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss “toil”: what it is and how it affects your team. Then Dan shares a debugging story about the Integration Broker and how he solved the issue with Wireshark.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss some tips for better communication when working remotely, a strange App Engine bug, and some tips when using the
pt_pia DPK profile.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares his experience with the new VisualCOBOL compiler and how to reorder Signon PeopleCode. Kyle shares his first impressions with the new Health Center in PeopleTools 8.58.
- Safari and 2-Year Certs @ 1:45
- VisualCOBOL @ 4:15
- Signon PeopleCode @ 12:00
- 8.58 Health Center First Impressions @ 16:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle explains how Firefox App Containers work and how he uses them when testing with PeopleSoft, and Dan shares some updates to the Vagabond project.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about the new OCI Cloud Shell, Cloud Manager 10 installation and configuration videos, learning keyboard shortcuts, and debugging failed Windows services.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss using OneNote for technical documentation and why it works for them. Dan also talk about using the ACM more with the DPK and shared some of the limitations that still exist in the ACM.
- JSMPros Sound Bytes @ 2:30
- OneNote and Documentation @ 3:30
- ACM Deployments @ 13:00
- ACM and IB @ 17:30
- Separating ACM Runs in the DPK @ 28:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about the benefits of blogging for yourself, a fun SQL murder mystery game, and then they dive into the changes in the DPK for PeopleTools 8.58.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about password limitations with the DPK and what your options are when working complex passwords. Kyle also shares how the REN server was causing issues with the Master Scheduler.
- DPK Hashing Challenges @1:00
- DPK Password Guidance @ 7:00
- Cloud Manager Ideas @ 13:00
- Master Scheduler and REN @ 21:45