This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan announce psadmin.conf 2021, they discuss environment naming conventions, and Dan follows up on the Puppet lookup options from last week.
This week on the podcast, Dan learns about a new way to enable Hiera hashing in the DPK and laments about a DPK bug that still exists, and Kyle and Dan discuss the new Prompt Table Override feature in 8.58.
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about Dynamic Role Rules, Kyle shares an experience with the DPK and temp directories, and they also discuss if Coherence patches are necessary when apply security patches.
This week on the podcast, Kyle talks about repackaging .jar files with the DPK, Dan discusses his mishap the VisualCOBOL runtime, and why he likes the Excel Add-in Tools for PeopleSoft.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares more information about systemd User Services, Dan discusses some recent DPK improvements, and then they discuss the upcoming changes to Job Data’s user interface.
This week on the podcast, Kyle learns how the Cloud Manager repository download and tracks files, and Dan shares how he configured backups for Cloud Manager in OCI.
- History of Markdown @ 1:00
- Emergency WL CPU Patch @ 6:00
- Corrupted CM DPK Repo Subscriptions @ 14:30
- E-CLOUD: How to Re-download the Corrupted/Failed PUM Image DPKs into Repository Using Cloud Manager?
- E-CLOUD: Cloud Manager 11 Repository Subscribe Channel Gave Error “Duplicate process. Another process is already downloading artifacts for the same product, release, platform combination” OCI SR Creation @ 22:30
- Cloud Manager Backups @ 26:45
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a tool he uses to work with certificates and keystores, Kyle gives a tip when working the Linux services, and then they talk about the CFO tool and why you should use it.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about psadmin.io Cloud Operations. .io Cloud Ops is the methodology and tools we use to run PeopleSoft on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. We discuss what it is and talk about the new open source tools that help us run PeopleSoft on OCI.
- PSUG – OCI Fireside Chat @ 1:00
- PeopleSoft Innovator Summit – Advanced PeopleSoft Administration @ 3:00
- Upcoming Openings for Dan and Kyle @ 6:30
- Why DPK? Automation? @ 8:30
- psadmin.io Cloud Operations @ 12:00
- Resource Manager Drift Detection @ 25:00
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about a contextual Nav Bar idea and then he and Kyle discuss the idea of using the Cloud Manager libraries for general automation.
- Quick Start Reference for PeopleSoft Update Images on PeopleTools 8.58 @ 3:00
- 8.58 First Thoughts @ 5:00
- PeopleSoft and Elasticsearch Security Examined @ 13:15
- Presentation: PeopleSoft and ElasticSearch Security Examined
- Cloud Manager Kit @ 16:45
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a lesson learned when applying PRPs and using Puppet with OCI resources. The Kyle and Dan discuss upcoming Cloud Manager features and the Leaky Roof analogy.