This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss password rotation and safety, a great tip to speed up the NavBar, and Kyle’s app servers having connection issues.
This week on the podcast, Sasank Vemana joins us to talk about Event Mapping performance, not doing Selective Adoption to make Selective Adoption easier, and how the Fluid Back button works.
- PeopleSoft Customers @ 2:00
- Chatbot integration @ 5:00
- EM Perf @ 9:30
- Selective Adoption @ 20:15
- Unpublished Bugs @ 27:30
- The Back Button @ 34:15
This week on the podcast, Kyle follows up on his Maintenance Tiles work and explains why he rewrote it using Portal Registry APIs. Kyle also shares an issue with Rich Text Editor images and Dan shares another “Adventures in MOS”.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss migrating customizations when applying patches, and Kyle shares a solutions for hiding and showing special tiles during system maintenance.
- Hot Topics Overload @ 2:30
- Customization Migrations when Patching @ 7:45
- Drag and Drop Tiles @ 16:00
- Maintenance Mode Tiles @ 20:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares how the Navigator knows your last folder location and a bug with it and Dan discusses the TM_CPAU setting for Tuxedo on Windows. Then Dan and Kyle talk about cloud-init.
If you are on PeopleTools 8.55 or later, Fluid Navigation is enabled by default. But, there are ways to revert back to the Drop-Down Navigation. If you have kept the Drop-Down navigation and want to revert back to Fluid Navigation, there are three configuration changes to make:
- Navigate to “PeopleTools > Portal > Branding > System Branding Options” and select
DEFAULT_THEME_FLUIDfor the “Default Branding Option”.
- Expand the “PeopleTools Options” Grid (this is collapsed by default) and verify the Branding Application Class:
- Package Name:
- Application Class ID:
- Package Name:
- Navigate to “PeopleTools > Personalization > Personalization Options” and select
PPTLfor the “Option Category Level”.
- For the User Options
HPTABLET, change the Default Value to “Fluid”. (Under the “Format” tab).
Log out of the application and log back in to see the changes.