This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about learning to use Git and GitHub, strategies to work as different users in non-production environments, and how to use PSPing to help diagnose performance issues.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares an open source project to manage your Oracle Database grant permissions from the PIA. Kyle gives Dan some tips on using SSH aliases, and Dan shares how to trace FTP transactions with PeopleSoft.
This week on the podcast, Kyle adds WLST commands to his DPK builds, Dan creates custom Facts with Ruby code and shares his Hiera Hashing configuration for building 8.56 environments.
- Github Love @ 1:30
- WLST and the DPK @ 3:30
- Custom Facts @ 15:45
- Hiera Hashing @ 24:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan revisit the ACM (Automated Config Management). We discuss what the ACM is, how ACM works with the DPK, building custom ACM plugins and how to share ACM plugins.
- Revisiting ACM @ 1:00
- Using ACM with the Search Framework @ 5:00
- ACM and the DPK @ 9:00
- Building ACM Plugins @ 13:30
- Plugins that are missing @ 21:45
- GitHub Repository to Share ACM Plug-ins @ 30:00
- IDEA – More options for “Copy to File”
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about planning PeopleTools and Catch-up projects, BI Publisher security, and how to turn off excessive BI Publisher logging. We also talk about slowly killing COBOL with PeopleSoft (it’s not dead yet) and using multiple Change Assistant installations.
- Collaborate Sessions
- New Elastic Stack 5.2 features @ 2:00
- Tabs v. Spaces – Language Analysis @ 3:00
- JQ – command line JSON parser @ 5:30
choco install jq
- ps-availability 2.0 @ 7:30
- SQL Server 2016 is Certified @ 13:30
- PT 8.55.14 DPK – more recent binaries @ 15:30
- Killing COBOLs off slowly @ 19:30
- COBOL DPK Follow-up @ 24:00
- BI Pub Security @ 26:15
- BI Publisher Logging @ 29:15
- Patch for BI Pub/Query Manager output @ 33:00
- OS Update from Kyle @ 34:45
- Oracle Linux or RedHat?
- Planning PeopleTools and Catch-up Projects 43:00
- Kicking off a Catch-up Project @ 54:00
- Multiple Change Assistant Installations @ 57:30
This week on the podcast we celebrate 1 year of podcasting with JR Bing. JR talked with us about his Vagabond project for managing PeopleSoft Images, how he uses RunDeck to simplify daily administration tasks, being a Mac user and using GitHub to manage projects and code.
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at email@example.com, tweet us at @psa_io, or use the Twitter hashtag #psadminpodcast.
- JR Bing Intro @ 1:45
- Vagabond @ 4:45
- RunDeck @ 20:45
- GitHub Dotfiles @ 37:30
- Windows RemoteApp @ 43:30