This week on the podcast Dan shares a fun tip to view hidden characters, Kyle talks about Vim Tabs and Sessions. Then Kyle and Dan talk about change package behavior, some bad migration advice on Oracle Support and what you should do instead.
This week on the podcast, Sasank Vemana joins us to talk about the updated Planned Features and Enhancements document. We discuss some of the upcoming changes for PeopleTools 8.57.
- Link to the Planned Features and Enhancements
- Application Designer @ 2:00
- Installation @ 8:45
- Integration Broker @ 10:00
- Lifecycle Management @ 15:45
- Fluid UI @ 21:30
- Platforms @ 32:45
- Portal Technology @ 35:45
- Search @ 41:00
- Security @ 42:00
- User Interface @ 45:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares some changes and improvements to using Git with the Deployment Packages. Kyle and Dan also talk about Continuous Integration and how it can be used to test Deployment Package changes.
This week Dan and Kyle walk through the
psappsrv.cfg file and discuss how they have configured their application servers.
This week on the podcast, Kyle finds the ProcessRestartMemoryLimit does not work as expected, Dan finds that the Purge Cache command has changed in 8.56, and Kyle recaps a successful Go-Live for PeopleTools 8.55 and Fluid Navigation.
- Page and Field CONFIGURATOR Follow-up @ 1:00
- October CVE Details @ 6:00
- Understanding ProcessRestartMemoryLimit @ 11:30
- Purge Cache Change in 8.56 @ 19:45
- Elasticsearch 04 DPK, POC Patches @ 25:30
- Unified Nav and My Favorites @ 31:30
- 8.55 and Fluid Nav Go-Live Success and Issues @ 38:15
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss an password vulnerability, learning VIM and migrating 2 Facter Auth devices. Then they review the new Page and Field Configurator utility (spoiler: it’s great).
- Episode 6 – TokenChpoken @ :30
- ERPScan – Decrypting PeopleSoft Passwords @ 3:45
- 2 Factor Authentication and a new phone @ 14:15
- 4 Week Plan to Learn VIM @ 18:00
- HR Image 24 – PS Developer Homepage @ 29:00
- Page and Field Configurator @ 31:00
- Event Mapping Frameworks @ 45:30
- Page and Field Composer Final thoughts @ 51:00
This week on the podcast, an All Star cast joins Dan and Kyle to recap OpenWorld 2017. Mike Ripley, Graham Smith, Sasank Vemana, Wayne Fuller, and Brad Carlson share their thoughts on announcements and sessions from OpenWorld.
- Mike Ripley on Oracle 18c Announcements @ 2:00
- The Future of Change Assistant @ 6:00
- PeopleTools Platform Changes @ 15:00
- Graham Smith on Cloud Manager’s Value @ 17:30
- How do we run PeopleSoft Images? @ 25:00
- Elasticsearch Panel @ 32:45
- Where to start working with the DPK @ 38:30
- Graham Smith’s backyard office
- Sasank on Starting Fluid Development @ 42:00
- Wayne Fuller on the “2027” Support Date @ 48:00
- More Details on ClassicPlus @ 58:30
- Brad Carlson on Fast CPU Patching @ 67:00
- Brad and Sasank on Syncing People in PeopleSoft @ 77:00
- Personalizing the User Interface @ 84:00 Location and Time Specific Tiles @ 94:30
This week on the podcast, Dan shares how to disable PSWATCHSRV and how the Fluid Navigator broke. Kyle finds a bug with Facter. Then Dan and Kyle discuss default build settings in App Designer and what is “safe by default” when building projects.
- Psadmin.conf Thank You @ 3:30
- Java EE has a new home @ 6:30
- SublimeText 3.0 @ 8:15
- Elasticsearch and PeopleTools 8.55.19/8.56.04 @ 9:00
- Change Password, Fluid, Homepages @ 15:45
- Disabling PSWATCHSRV @ 22:00
- Breaking the Navigator and the Node Network @ 32:00
- Facter and FQDN Bug @ 39:00
- Default Build Settings @ 46:45