This week on the podcast, Kyle shares his Rundeck plugin for OCI that will dynamically provides OCI nodes to Rundeck, and then Dan and Kyle discuss the difference between sync and async messaging and how that affects the Integration Broker.
This week on the podcast, Dan runs into more password issues and get frustrated with the PUM Dashboard color schemes. Then Kyle and Dan talk about using Rundeck with Windows Nodes and OpenSSH.
- More Password Issues @ 3:00
- PeopleSoft URLs are Function Calls @ 9:00
- PUM Dashboard Color Scheme @14:30
- Rundeck and Windows Nodes @ 22:30
- Rundeck and GitLab Overlap @ 32:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Rundeck and how to manage scripts used by Rundeck, share their virtual meeting tips, get back on the conference speaking circuit.
- Upcoming sessions at events @ 1:00
- PSUG OCI Fireside Chat
- Appsian PeopleSoft Summit – Advanced PeopleSoft Administration
- Running PeopleSoft on OCI (Dan)
- Taking PS swimming in an OCI Instance Pool (Kyle)
- Baking more than PI with OCI (Kyle)
- .conf 2021 @ 9:00
- Virtual Meeting Tips @ 10:00
- Rundeck Script Management @ 23:30
- Where does Rundeck fit? @ 33:00
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle recap some of the great discussions and sessions at the 2019 Fall UMRUG meeting. Kyle also talks about some great ideas for using the ACCTLOCK field.
- Keynote by Sentinel Software @ 2:00
- nVision Performance Issues with 8.56/8.57 @ 6:45
- PeopleTools Integration Broker Missing Manual @ 11:00
- MOS Tips and Tricks @ 12:45
- Charlie Sinks on Rundeck @ 14:00
- PT Infrastructure Roadmap @ 19:00
- Account Locking @ 24:00
This week on the podcast, Dan finds a great feature in Royal TSX, Kyle talk about a Macroset issue, and we start a small series on building a troubleshooting framework for PS Admins.
- Charlie Sinks featured by Rundeck @ 2:15
- Royal TSX and Credential Management @ 4:45
- Macroset Issues @ 10:45
- Buliding a Troubleshooting Framework @ 26:00
- Speaking at Oracle OpenWorld @ 1:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 is in the Cloud @ 2:00
- When Will the Next PeopleTools Be Released? @ 5:00
- Required Interim Patches for the Oracle Database with PeopleSoft @ 6:30
- Monitoring PeopleSoft @ 9:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Bolt, a new tool from Puppet to run commands and scripts remotely on servers. Dan also talks about setting up a new Rundeck server and using Bolt with Rundeck.
The first set of psadmin.conf videos are available! The first batch of videos are focuses on automation for PeopleSoft Administration. Charlie Sinks talks about using Rundeck with PeopleSoft and Peyton Colburn shares how he expanded Hiera beyond psft_customizations.yaml.
We have released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up.
This week on the podcast, Charlie Sinks joins us to talk about Image “Catch-up Projects”. We talk about different strategies to simplify customization retrofits, reviewing bugs and new features, and application testing strategies. We also talk about making architecture changes to work with the DPK, and Charlie shares an Oh No! story.
- OS Change Update @ 1:30
- First “catch-up” projects @ 6:45
- Strategies to Simplify Retrofitting @ 9:30
- Reviewing New Images @ 17:30
- Testing “catch-up” projects @ 23:30
- Charlie’s Introduction @ 29:00
- Implementing Rundeck @ 34:00
- HR File Integration Framework
- Architecture Changes with the DPK @ 42:00
- What is one app you hate to close? @ 51:00
- Charlie’s Oh No! Story @ 60:00
This week on the podcast we celebrate 1 year of podcasting with JR Bing. JR talked with us about his Vagabond project for managing PeopleSoft Images, how he uses RunDeck to simplify daily administration tasks, being a Mac user and using GitHub to manage projects and code.
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us at @psa_io, or use the Twitter hashtag #psadminpodcast.
- JR Bing Intro @ 1:45
- Vagabond @ 4:45
- RunDeck @ 20:45
- GitHub Dotfiles @ 37:30
- Windows RemoteApp @ 43:30