This week on the podcast, Dan talks about running scheduled ACM jobs and how that led him to build a powershell wrapper for the process scheduler. Kyle and Dan also talk about spear fishing and being hyper aware for new attacks.
This week on the podcast we interview Chris Heller. Chris shares fun stories from his days working at PeopleSoft and also talks about the work he is doing at Appsian.
- Introducing Chris Heller @ 1:50
- PeopleTools History @ 4:00
- Building PeopleTools 8 @
- PeopleTools Wishlist @
- Starting GreyHeller @ 39:00
- Application Security Platform @ 45:30
- New Things at Appsian @ 53:00
- Accessibility Improvements @ 59:00
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some follow-up on the his Caps Lock key change, Kyle shares his SSH setup and has some ideas to improve the Data Migration Workbench. Then Dan and Kyle discuss the Forgot Password functionality in PeopleSoft.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle share a solution for storing DPK files on an NFS share and using symlinks, discuss a bug with Jolt Failover options, and some of changes in PeopleTools 8.57’s PS_HOME folder.
- TLS 1.3 and Forward Secrecy @ 2:00
- DPK NFS Share @ 7:00
- Using Symlinks @ 14:00
- Jolt Failover Options @ 18:00
- 8.57 PS_HOME Delta @ 24:30
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a Terraform hands-on Lab from OpenWorld and Kyle has some ideas to replace Health Center. Then Dan shares his experience investigating an incident with PeopleSoft and what he learned.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some tips on monitoring Tuxedo domains and Kyle discusses how to secure portal registries when accesses externally.
- Data Mover Follow-up @ 3:00
- PeopleTools POC Business Case Document @ 5:45
- Tuxedo Service Monitoring @ 7:30
- Limiting Access to Portal Registries @ 17:45
- Role Flipping
- Separate Registry and Obscurity
- LB/RPS/WL Filter Security
- VPN Access
- Conditional Navigation
This week on the podcast, Kyle follows up on his psc and psp bug, Dan doesn’t like the SSL setup in Linux and Kyle shares a great utility called chroot.
This week on the podcast, Brad Carlson, Adam Wlad and Jim Marion join Dan to recap the Alliance 2018 conference. We discuss some CPU Patching issues, the 2027 date for PeopleSoft, and PeopleTools 8.57 announcements.
- Technical and Reporting Advisory Group @ 1:45
- CPU Patching and Security @ 5:15
- PeopleSoft 2027 @ 15:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 – Cloud First @ 19:30
- PeopleTools 8.57 UI Changes @ 29:15
- Page and Field Configurator @ 40:00
- App Designer Improvements @ 49:45
- Stop and Shares @ 56:30
- Learning about Fluid @ 60:00
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a quick review on Classic Plus and tip when using App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the Search Framework implements security on search results.
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss Colton Fischer’s Web Profile discovery, Kyle shares his CPU Patching process and how he automated the process then Dan discusses how he resolved a PIA domain bug.
- Cryptomining Vulnerability and PS @ 1:00
- Colton Fischer on Signon Page changes in the Web Profile @ 4:30
ps_patchScript @ 12:30
- 8.56 PIA Domain Bug @ 26:00