This week on the podcast, Dan shares a Terraform hands-on Lab from OpenWorld and Kyle has some ideas to replace Health Center. Then Dan shares his experience investigating an incident with PeopleSoft and what he learned.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some tips on monitoring Tuxedo domains and Kyle discusses how to secure portal registries when accesses externally.
- Data Mover Follow-up @ 3:00
- PeopleTools POC Business Case Document @ 5:45
- Tuxedo Service Monitoring @ 7:30
- Limiting Access to Portal Registries @ 17:45
- Role Flipping
- Separate Registry and Obscurity
- LB/RPS/WL Filter Security
- VPN Access
- Conditional Navigation
This week on the podcast, Kyle follows up on his psc and psp bug, Dan doesn’t like the SSL setup in Linux and Kyle shares a great utility called chroot.
This week on the podcast, Brad Carlson, Adam Wlad and Jim Marion join Dan to recap the Alliance 2018 conference. We discuss some CPU Patching issues, the 2027 date for PeopleSoft, and PeopleTools 8.57 announcements.
- Technical and Reporting Advisory Group @ 1:45
- CPU Patching and Security @ 5:15
- PeopleSoft 2027 @ 15:00
- PeopleTools 8.57 – Cloud First @ 19:30
- PeopleTools 8.57 UI Changes @ 29:15
- Page and Field Configurator @ 40:00
- App Designer Improvements @ 49:45
- Stop and Shares @ 56:30
- Learning about Fluid @ 60:00
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a quick review on Classic Plus and tip when using App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the Search Framework implements security on search results.
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss Colton Fischer’s Web Profile discovery, Kyle shares his CPU Patching process and how he automated the process then Dan discusses how he resolved a PIA domain bug.
- Cryptomining Vulnerability and PS @ 1:00
- Colton Fischer on Signon Page changes in the Web Profile @ 4:30
ps_patchScript @ 12:30
- 8.56 PIA Domain Bug @ 26:00
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about cloud provisioning tools and how they could work for PeopleSoft Admins, Mike Ripley’s POC for securing WebLogic, and changes to the Change Assistant installation process.
- LinuxFilter Proof of Concept for WebLogic @ 1:30
- Insecure PeopleSoft Settings @ 6:00
- Random Default Local Node Name @ 9:30
- ps-terraform and working with cloud provisioning tools @ 15:00
- Change Assistant Installation Changes @ 26:00
- Headless PeopleTools Patching with Change Assistant @ 35:00
The third set of psadmin.conf videos are available! Security in an important part of administering PeopleSoft. Brad Carlson and Ruth Dodson share how to apply CPU patches in 21 days. Nate Werner discusses advanced security tools that admins should know about. Greg Wendt explains how the ERP Firewall can protect PeopleSoft and Guru Naranaswamy shows how to encrypt the Report Repository.
We have released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up. If you have already signed up for the course, you can log in and the videos will be available.
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss an password vulnerability, learning VIM and migrating 2 Facter Auth devices. Then they review the new Page and Field Configurator utility (spoiler: it’s great).
- Episode 6 – TokenChpoken @ :30
- ERPScan – Decrypting PeopleSoft Passwords @ 3:45
- 2 Factor Authentication and a new phone @ 14:15
- 4 Week Plan to Learn VIM @ 18:00
- HR Image 24 – PS Developer Homepage @ 29:00
- Page and Field Configurator @ 31:00
- Event Mapping Frameworks @ 45:30
- Page and Field Composer Final thoughts @ 51:00