This week on the podcast, Kyle shares his thoughts on the different options with clustering PeopleSoft applications, and Dan and Kyle discuss the improvements in Cloud Manager 12.
This week on the podcast, Kyle has some follow-up on PIA installations and discovers some unpleasant Unified Navigation behavior. Dan shares some tips for Facter and testing out the redeploy option with the DPK.
- PIA Installation FUP @ 1:30
- Facter and FACTER_ override @ 4:30
- Redeploy and WebLogic @ 8:00
- CPU Patching @ 18:30
- Unified Nav and SSO @ 23:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle finds the ProcessRestartMemoryLimit does not work as expected, Dan finds that the Purge Cache command has changed in 8.56, and Kyle recaps a successful Go-Live for PeopleTools 8.55 and Fluid Navigation.
- Page and Field CONFIGURATOR Follow-up @ 1:00
- October CVE Details @ 6:00
- Understanding ProcessRestartMemoryLimit @ 11:30
- Purge Cache Change in 8.56 @ 19:45
- Elasticsearch 04 DPK, POC Patches @ 25:30
- Unified Nav and My Favorites @ 31:30
- 8.55 and Fluid Nav Go-Live Success and Issues @ 38:15
This week on the podcast, Dan has follow-up on using Hiera with Puppet environments, capturing WebLogic logs in Elasticsearch, and Kyle shares his thoughts on the Solaris “change”. Then Kyle discusses the in depth failover testing and how Unified Navigation behaves when app servers fail.
- Solaris is “not quite dead yet” @ 2:00
- How Oracle manages acquired technologies @ 11:00
- Fluid Training with Jim Marion @ 18:00
- New Oracle Version Numbers @ 20:00
- Failover Testing @ 29:00
- How Unified Navigation Behaves when IB is down @ 38:00
- Hiera command line Follow-up @ 51:00
- Logstash and WebLogic logs @ 53:00
- Monitoring Synchronous Messages? @ 56:30