This week on the podcast, Dan gives an update on his Hyper-V work with Vagabond and shares a funny log line he found, and Kyle shares some thoughts on making Hiera and eYAML more secure.
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about his 8.59 testing experience, testing Hyper-V for PeopleSoft Images, and Kyle and Dan discuss compare reports from the Update Manager.
- GitHub CoPilot @ 4:00
- PeopleTools 8.59 Bugs? @ 11:30
- Hyper-V and Vagabond @ 17:00
- Compare Reports and the PUM @ 24:30
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Cloud Managers Start/Stop feature, Dan shares some Vagabond project updates, then they discuss the benefits of simple systems.
This week on the podcast, Kyle explains how Firefox App Containers work and how he uses them when testing with PeopleSoft, and Dan shares some updates to the Vagabond project.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a few tips he’s learned on writing better bash scripts, how the OpenDistro Elasticsearch plugins can be used, and how to generate dump files for App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the approached an issue with slow process starts and why understanding the technology stack is so important.
- Bash skillz @ 3:00
- App Designer Dump Files @ 8:45
- OpenDistro ES @ 10:30
- Troubleshooting Slow Process Starts @ 19:00
- Uncommon Solutions @ 34:00
- Work to Replicate the issue/Look at code (if possible)
- MOS/Local Knowledge Base (wiki or tickets)
- Isolate the cause/Eliminate variables/Research Logs
- Attempt to understand the flow/technology/stack
- Develop root-cause theory
- Test to prove/disprove theory
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss options and considerations for backing up Elasticsearch. Kyle also shares a bug with the PIA startup scripts built by the DPK and Dan makes Vagrant work with a Web Filter.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a new project called ps-terraform to help you build PeopleSoft Images on AWS. Kyle tries to resolve a Friday Night Ghost issue and Dan follows up on his love for Continuous Integration and the DPK.
- Elasticsearch DPK Install Methods @ 1:00
- GitLab Continuous Integration Follow-up @ 5:30
- Friday Night Ghost @ 19:00
- Ps-terraform @ 31:00
This week, Kyle and Dan talk about using Vagrant snapshots with Vagabond, strategies for managing
psft_customizations.yaml files and demonstrating Fluid to end users. Dan shares a story of how an unpatched WebLogic server can leave your PeopleSoft application vulnerable to hackers.
- Securing the Oracle Listener @ 1:30
- Vagabond and Vagrant Snapshots @ 2:00
- Vault and Hiera @ 7:45
- Remote Desktop Spanning @ 14:00
- Why You Apply CPU Patches – A Story @ 16:30
- CPU Patching Wishlist @ 23:30
- DPK and Middleware-only @ 33:15
- psft_customizations.yaml strategies @ 39:00
- Upgrading Interaction Hub @ 50:00
- Demoing Fluid @ 57:00
This week we podcast from the Alliance 2017 Conference in Las Vegas. Jason Gilfoil and Eric Bolinger join us to talk about DevOps and Ansible with PeopleSoft. We talk about application orchestration, mixing Ansible and Puppet, customizing the DPK and more.
- Introducing Jason Gilfoil @ 1:30
- Introducing Eric Bolinger @ 2:45
- What is Ansible? @ 3:30
- What is Orchestration? @ 8:00
- Differences between Puppet and Ansible @ 12:00
- Puppet Master, Hiera Hash and the DPK @ 15:15
- Managing infrastructure code with Git @ 20:45
- Adjusting to a DevOps culture @ 27:00
- Getting automation started in your organization @ 30:30
- Calculating Time Saving for Automation @ 35:30
- Choosing an automation tool @ 41:30
- Docker @ 43:00
- Personal Development Environments @ 45:45
- Starting to think “cloud” @ 50:00