This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss options and considerations for backing up Elasticsearch. Kyle also shares a bug with the PIA startup scripts built by the DPK and Dan makes Vagrant work with a Web Filter.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a new project called ps-terraform to help you build PeopleSoft Images on AWS. Kyle tries to resolve a Friday Night Ghost issue and Dan follows up on his love for Continuous Integration and the DPK.
- Elasticsearch DPK Install Methods @ 1:00
- GitLab Continuous Integration Follow-up @ 5:30
- Friday Night Ghost @ 19:00
- Ps-terraform @ 31:00
This week, Kyle and Dan talk about using Vagrant snapshots with Vagabond, strategies for managing
psft_customizations.yaml files and demonstrating Fluid to end users. Dan shares a story of how an unpatched WebLogic server can leave your PeopleSoft application vulnerable to hackers.
- Securing the Oracle Listener @ 1:30
- Vagabond and Vagrant Snapshots @ 2:00
- Vault and Hiera @ 7:45
- Remote Desktop Spanning @ 14:00
- Why You Apply CPU Patches – A Story @ 16:30
- CPU Patching Wishlist @ 23:30
- DPK and Middleware-only @ 33:15
- psft_customizations.yaml strategies @ 39:00
- Upgrading Interaction Hub @ 50:00
- Demoing Fluid @ 57:00
This week we podcast from the Alliance 2017 Conference in Las Vegas. Jason Gilfoil and Eric Bolinger join us to talk about DevOps and Ansible with PeopleSoft. We talk about application orchestration, mixing Ansible and Puppet, customizing the DPK and more.
- Introducing Jason Gilfoil @ 1:30
- Introducing Eric Bolinger @ 2:45
- What is Ansible? @ 3:30
- What is Orchestration? @ 8:00
- Differences between Puppet and Ansible @ 12:00
- Puppet Master, Hiera Hash and the DPK @ 15:15
- Managing infrastructure code with Git @ 20:45
- Adjusting to a DevOps culture @ 27:00
- Getting automation started in your organization @ 30:30
- Calculating Time Saving for Automation @ 35:30
- Choosing an automation tool @ 41:30
- Docker @ 43:00
- Personal Development Environments @ 45:45
- Starting to think “cloud” @ 50:00
This week on the podcast we celebrate 1 year of podcasting with JR Bing. JR talked with us about his Vagabond project for managing PeopleSoft Images, how he uses RunDeck to simplify daily administration tasks, being a Mac user and using GitHub to manage projects and code.
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us at @psa_io, or use the Twitter hashtag #psadminpodcast.
- JR Bing Intro @ 1:45
- Vagabond @ 4:45
- RunDeck @ 20:45
- GitHub Dotfiles @ 37:30
- Windows RemoteApp @ 43:30