This week on the podcast, Dan shares a quick review on Classic Plus and tip when using App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the Search Framework implements security on search results.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a new project called ps-terraform to help you build PeopleSoft Images on AWS. Kyle tries to resolve a Friday Night Ghost issue and Dan follows up on his love for Continuous Integration and the DPK.
- Elasticsearch DPK Install Methods @ 1:00
- GitLab Continuous Integration Follow-up @ 5:30
- Friday Night Ghost @ 19:00
- Ps-terraform @ 31:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle goes back to applying bundles and appreciates all the improvements to Change Assistant. Dan shares his research of “Slow PO Output” and what was really going on.
This week on the podcast, Kyle talks about custom OEM metrics he built for Elasticsearch and Synchronous Services. Dan shares a WebSocket testing Utility. Then they discuss some big changes with Cloud Manager Image 5 and repurposing PSQCKSRV and PSQRYSRV services.
- Struts and WebLogic CVE @ 1:45
- Branding Fluid Tiles @ 3:30
- [Cloud Manager Image 5](Image Highlights, PeopleSoft Cloud Manager Update Image 05) @ 8:00
- OEM Metric Extensions @ 26:45
- Unified Nav Surprise @ 35:00
- Why PeopleSoft Runs better on OPC @ 37:15
- WebSocket Testing @ 41:00
- PSQCKSRV for Offloading App Server Processing @ 47:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares why the Navigator button disappeared on him, using VisualStudio Code and Git-Bash, and Colton Fischer’s excellent POC projects. We finish the podcast with David Kurtz talking about the Oracle Resource Manager with multi-tenant databases.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle discuss strategies to organize and manage Event Mapping code, writing code that other people will use, trying to work with Push Notifications and custom ACM modules. Kyle ends the podcast with a funny story about searching for images.
- Push Notification Testing @ 1:30
- Andy Dorman’s Push Notification Configuration
- [IDEA: Fix the 30 Character limit for ACCESSPOINTID}(https://community.oracle.com/ideas/16989)
- Simon Chiu’s Post on Setting up Push Notifications
- Event Mapping and Code Context @ 15:00
- Structuring Event Mapping Code @ 24:45
- Hiera and Puppet Environments @ 32:00
- Puppet and Windows Patching @ 37:30
- Collaborative Coding @ 43:30
- Attempting a Custom ACM Module @ 48:30
- Better Image Picker in PeopleSoft @ 53:15
This week on the podcast, Kyle discusses how he kept the Supplier Portal in Classic while going Fluid Nav for the rest of the application, Dan shares some Related Content feedback and some App Designer filtering tips.
- Don’t be afraid of Makefiles @ 7:00
- MOS Documents in Google results? @ 13:30
- Classic on my Supplier Portal @ 16:00
- Related Content Follow-up @ 32:00
- Security Deployment with Custom Security @ 37:45
- PUM and Translations @ 43:00
- Mobile-friendly Tool Tips @ 46:00
- Beyond Compare and YAML @ 49:00
- App Designer Filtering @ 53:00
This week Kyle and Dan discuss UI improvements from Sasank and Dan’s new Fluid Stylesheets, using Git and GitLab to manage DPK files, managing Favorites with Unified Navigation and some “Gotchas” Kyle found during his 8.55 upgrade project.
- Windows 6 month release schedule @ 4:00
- Puppet 5 @ 8:00
- Adding Breadcrumbs to Fluid @ 9:30
- Fluid Background Images @ 13:00
- psadmin.io Fluid Stylesheets @ 13:30
- App Designer on Ubuntu @ 25:45
- Enhancing Forms with Event Mapping @ 26:45
- New Window Behavior @ 28:00
- Using the DPK to deploy POC’s @ 33:00
- Gitlab Follow-up @ 35:30
- POSH-GIT @ 41:30
- Kyle’s DPKFiles Setup @ 45:15
- WebLogic and MP4 files @ 50:30
- Favorites and Unified Navigation @ 52:00
- Process Categories @ 59:30
I want to share a tip Daniel Palmer gave on the psadmin.io Community about faster PeopleBooks searching.
“For the Chrome users: If you want a quick PeopleBooks search you can add a custom search engine by right clicking on the address bar and selecting “Edit Search Engines”. I have added one with the name “PeopleBooks 8.55”, the keyword
pb855 and the search url is
This week on the podcast Jim Marion joins us to talk about Fluid Development, embedding PeopleSoft into cloud applications, Event Mapping, where the cloud makes sense and Jim’s new role at GreyHeller.
- Jim’s Background @ 2:15
- New Role with Grey Heller @ 3:45
- Thoughts on the future of PeopleTools @ 6:00
- Fluid Development @ 9:00
- Improving App Designer @ 11:30
- Event Mapping and Branding Objects @ 14:00
- Using the Cloud at Grey Heller @ 25:45
- Embedding PeopleSoft with Cloud Applications @ 32:00
- Disadvantages of Hybrid Cloud Systems @ 43:30
- Where the Cloud makes sense @ 47:30