Day 3 was the last day of the conference, and it was a busy one! With travel, and a presentation of my own, I didn’t get a chance to see everything I wanted to. I also didn’t get this post written until now because it took me 23 hours to get home(O’Hare was a mess due to weather), what a nightmare. That said, I had a great time. Here are my highlights from the last day.
Publishing PeopleSoft through WAP for AD FS Single Sign-on
- This was my session.
- Used Web Application Proxy as a rps for Supplier Portal.
- Non-claims based pre-authentication done with AD FS using Kerberos.
- Our Enterprise standard is SAML, so would like to use claims based pre-auth in the future.
REST Your Weary Head! Query can handle it!
- HyperGen talked about REST and Query Access Services.
- REST is a lot better now in 8.54 and 8.55.
- Queries via QAS can be run Synchronously or Asynchronously.
- QAS is a good quick and easy way to create REST web services.
- If you have a more complicated web service, you may want to create your own message handler via App Packages.
Rethinking Excel to CI
- Kevin Weaver talks about his alternative to ExcelToCI
- His solution creates CI templates online instead of within Excel.
- You upload a data sheet online and then process it in an App Engine.
- You can find this and more on his blog – http://pskcw.blogspot.com/
PeopleSoft Single Sign-On with SAML 2.0
- Vlad from GNC walks us through his great SSO solution.
- This uses an IdP-initiated SSO profile.
- Built an Assertion Consumer Service in Signon PeopleCode
- Uses openSAML Java package to do the validation.
- His slides had a ton of code snippets.
PeopleTools Product Panel
- A panel of Oracle employees discuss PeopleTools.
- MS Office will be removing ActiveX from there products soon.
- The Finance team will be delivering a new solution for Journal Upload and other solutions that use XmlLink. Most likely using IB(similar to ExcelToCi?).
- Talked more about Cloud Manager.
- Will be used in Oracle private cloud at first, then maybe other cloud providers, then maybe YOUR datacenter.
- Will be placed within an Interaction Hub instance.
- Elastic is coming soon, likely around patch 10.
- Question about PS Admins needing Puppet skills.
- Oracle will be getting the DPKs better, but you will need these skills to customize and fit your organization.