Since the DPK was released, there has a been a bug (for Windows) that is quite annoying. In the
psft_customizations.yaml file, the
feature_settings: section is supposed to turn Tuxedo domain features on or off.
feature_settings: PUBSUB: "Yes" QUICKSRV: "No" QUERYSRV: "Yes" JOLT: "Yes"
On Windows, these settings were ignored and the default values were used when a domain was created or reconfigured. Thanks to Dale Haman from the psadmin.io Community, we have a fix for the bug. The issue is this:
The DPK (Puppet) takes the
feature_settings: section in the
psft_customizations.yaml file and combines it into a string. The string is passed into
psadmin with the
-u parameter. The code that creates this string used an incorrect separator for each feature, so
psadmin would ignore the entire string.
To fix this, you can edit one file under the
if Facter.value(:osfamily) == 'windows' # feature_settings_separator = '#' # For Windows, we need to use the slash feature_settings_separator = '/' else feature_settings_separator = '%' end
If you re-run
puppet apply .\site.pp, your app server and process scheduler domains features should match what you defined in
Process Scheduler Features
After testing this on a process scheduler, I noticed my scheduler had 5 features listed in
psadmin but only two were configured in my
APPENG. I wanted to configure the other features in the domain, so I added them to my
feature_settings: MSTRSRV: "Yes" APPENG: "No" PPM: "No" DOMAIN_GW: "No" SERVER_EVENTS: "No"
If you run
puppet apply .\site.pp with these parameters in your
psft_customizations.yaml file, you’ll get an error saying the Feature List is not valid. The
feature_settings: section is compared to an array in the Process Scheduler Puppet Type to make sure you don’t mis-type anything, or try to add a non-existent feature. But in this case, the validation array was incorrect. It was missing the
prcs_features = # [ "MSTRSRV", "APPENG", "KIOSK", "DOMAIN_GW", "SERVER_EVENTS" ] # Add PPM because it is a scheduler feature...KIOSK is not. [ "MSTRSRV", "APPENG", "PPM", "DOMAIN_GW", "SERVER_EVENTS"]
Comment out the bad line and change
"PPM" in the array. Now, you can configure all 5 process scheduler features from the
Check out the other bug fixes for the DPK too:
One thought on “Enable Tuxedo Domain Features with the DPK”