This week on the podcast, Kyle explains how Firefox App Containers work and how he uses them when testing with PeopleSoft, and Dan shares some updates to the Vagabond project.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about the new OCI Cloud Shell, Cloud Manager 10 installation and configuration videos, learning keyboard shortcuts, and debugging failed Windows services.
This week on the podcast, Greg Wendt from Appsian joins us to talk about IDP-based authentication, Zero Trust security with PeopleSoft, and some of the creative ways you can use Appsian.
- Introducing Greg Wendt @ 1:30
- IDP-based Authentication @ 3:30
- Kiosk Security and BYOD @ 9:00
- Zero Trust and PeopleSoft @ 11:30
- Security Implications with Cloud Migrations @ 18:00
- How do privacy laws affect PS Admins? @ 21:30
- Creative uses with Appsian @ 34:00
If you haven’t installed Cloud Manager yet, watch this video first to learn how to install Cloud Manager.
[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12 Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))
choco install firefox -y
This week on the podcast, Graham Smith joins Dan to talk about passwords and Cloud Manager 10. We discuss the new installation process, the use of Terraform and the File Storage System, and improvements to building environments.
- Password Complexity @ 1:30
- Cloud Manager 10 Review
- Cloud Manager Audiences @ 9:30
- Installation via Resource Manager @ 16:00
- Terraform as a first class citizen @ 20:00
- OCI File Storage System @ 26:00
- Self-Updating @ 27:30
- Cloning Environments @ 31:30
- Managing Nodes @ 35:30
- Windows Support @ 39:00
- Importing Environments @ 42:45
- CM Wishlist @ 44:30
Sign up for an Oracle Cloud Trial Account
Create SSH key
ssh-keygen -f ~/.ssh/cmtrial cat ~/.ssh/cmtrial.pub
Create OCI API Key
openssl genrsa -out ~/.oci/cmtrial.pem -aes128 2048 openssl rsa -pubout -in ~/.oci/cmtrial.pem -out ~/.oci/cmtrial.pub openssl rsa -pubout -outform DER -in ~/.oci/cmtrial.pem | openssl md5 -c cat ~/.oci/cmtrial.pub base64 ~/.oci/cmtrial.pem | tr -d "\r\n"
Allow Public Access to CM
- Menu > Networking > VCN > cm Subnet > Security Lists > cm_sec
- Add a new rule:
- Add a
hostsentry to access CM
echo "IPADDRESS psftcm.cm.psftcm.oraclevcn.com" | sudo tee -a /etc/hosts
Logs to view while waiting for Cloud Manager to finish.
ssh -i ~/.ssh/cmtrial opc@IPADDRESS tail -f bootstrap/CloudManagerStatus.log tail -f bootstrap/psft_oci_setup.log
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss using OneNote for technical documentation and why it works for them. Dan also talk about using the ACM more with the DPK and shared some of the limitations that still exist in the ACM.
- JSMPros Sound Bytes @ 2:30
- OneNote and Documentation @ 3:30
- ACM Deployments @ 13:00
- ACM and IB @ 17:30
- Separating ACM Runs in the DPK @ 28:30
This week on the podcast we talk about PeopleTools 8.58 and some of the new features we are most excited about. Dan also shares his experience with using Cloud Manager to auto-upgrade an environment to 8.58.
- PeopleTools 8.58 is Out @ 1:30
- Automatic PeopleTools Upgrade @ 4:30
- New User Interface @ 6:45
- Config/Customization Improvements @ 12:30
- Reporting and Kibana! @ 18:45
- Health Center and Logstash @ 22:00
- Machine Learning Framework @ 30:00
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about better password policies, the value of having real-time system information, and how easy it is to install Cloud Manager 10.