This week on the podcast, Kyle talks about repackaging .jar files with the DPK, Dan discusses his mishap the VisualCOBOL runtime, and why he likes the Excel Add-in Tools for PeopleSoft.
This week, Dan shares a story about HealthCare.gov and builds his first Fluid page, and then he and Kyle discuss ways to make WebLogic more secure.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a tip to generate App Designer crash logs, Kyle talks about adapting and learning to new technologies and some tips for using the OCI CLI.
- Adapting to new things @ 1:30
- App Designer Dump Files @ 6:00
- PeopleTools 8.58 Overview Course @ 10:15
- Cloud Manager 11 Backup and Restore @ 12:45
- Cloud Manager Start/Stop Domains @ 18:00
- oci_cli_rc @
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle share their thoughts on how PeopleTools Development should change in the future.
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion from JSMPros joins Dan to talk about their favorite coding fonts, making App Designer a better tool, HTML attributes to make PeopleSoft pages better, and how to build refresh-able URLs.
- Jan 2020 CPU is out! Go Patch @ 2:00
- BI and Excel FUP @ 4:45
- Coding Fonts @ 11:30
- Improving App desgner @ 20:15
- HTML Attributes to make 2FA better @ 27:30
- SoundBytes @ 38:30
- A refreshable URL @ 46:00
In this session from psadmin.conf 2018, David Vandiver demonstrates his Process Monitor 2.0 bolt-on. David redesigned the Process Monitor from scratch and added many improvements. His bolt-on is free too! You can download it at peoplesofttricks.com.
We released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up. If you already signed up for the course, you can log in and the new video will be available.
This week on the podcast, Dan discussing signing nVision Macros to work on machines with stricter security settings. Then, Kyle and Dan review changes in PeopleTools 8.58 that is covered in PeopleBooks.
- Signing nVision Macros @ 2:30
- PeopleBooks 8.58 Updates @ 10:30
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion joins us to talk about different options for masking data in PeopleSoft and locking components down for business processing. Then we discuss the different types of queries in PeopleSoft and how Jim would improve the query tools.
- Data Masking @ 4:15
- Component Lockout @ 13:00
- Query Manager @ 18:00
- Query Improvements @ 33:00
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a few tips he’s learned on writing better bash scripts, how the OpenDistro Elasticsearch plugins can be used, and how to generate dump files for App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the approached an issue with slow process starts and why understanding the technology stack is so important.
- Bash skillz @ 3:00
- App Designer Dump Files @ 8:45
- OpenDistro ES @ 10:30
- Troubleshooting Slow Process Starts @ 19:00
- Uncommon Solutions @ 34:00
- Work to Replicate the issue/Look at code (if possible)
- MOS/Local Knowledge Base (wiki or tickets)
- Isolate the cause/Eliminate variables/Research Logs
- Attempt to understand the flow/technology/stack
- Develop root-cause theory
- Test to prove/disprove theory
This the 200th PeopleSoft Administrator Podcast! Kyle and Dan share some fun stories from the first 199 episodes. Jim Marion joins us to talk about registering components, configuring and working with with node security, and things you can do in PeopleTools but shouldn’t do.
- Reminiscing @ 1:00
- Which Node to Register With @ 11:00
- Node Security @ 26:00
- Things you shouldn’t do in PeopleTools @ 36:00