This week on the podcast, Kyle follows up on his Maintenance Tiles work and explains why he rewrote it using Portal Registry APIs. Kyle also shares an issue with Rich Text Editor images and Dan shares another “Adventures in MOS”.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss migrating customizations when applying patches, and Kyle shares a solutions for hiding and showing special tiles during system maintenance.
- Hot Topics Overload @ 2:30
- Customization Migrations when Patching @ 7:45
- Drag and Drop Tiles @ 16:00
- Maintenance Mode Tiles @ 20:30
This week on the podcast, we share some MOS tips to stay updated on changes to PeopleSoft, Dan explains how Elasticsearch handles a full disk, and Kyle shares an “Oh No!” story.
- April CPU Patches @ 3:00
- Tech Updates on Oracle Support @ 6:30
- Elasticsearch Flood Stage @ 16:00
- Kyle’s “Oh No!” Story @ 26:45
This week on the podcast, Jim Marion joins Kyle and Dan to talk about PeopleTools 8.57 and some of the lessons learned and things to watch out for in the new release. If you want to learn Fluid and improve your PeopleSoft Development skills, Jim has the best PeopleSoft training.
- Branding Objects @ 3:30
- Tile Wizard @ 8:00
- Properties Editor in App Designer @ 11:45
- Control-Delete @ 14:00
- Unified Navigation – SSOTester @ 16:30
- Push Notifications @ 18:45
- Elasticsearch Plugins @ 20:30
- Kibana Dashboard @ 21:00
- Reload Web Profile @ 24:00
- Macro Sets @ 28:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Integration Broker Queue Partitioning and why you might want to use it. Dan shares an edge case with Change Assistants new modes, and then Dan and Kyle talk about the wonderful tool Trace Wizard.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some changes when applying Change Packages with PeopleTools 8.57. He explains the new Subsequent Pass mode and what changed with the Move to Production mode. Kyle shares some changes with PT_COMMON, and then Dan and Kyle discuss serer naming conventions.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares a great MOS document that explains how psadmin issues tuxedo commands and asks if we could hook into that setup. Then Dan and Kyle discuss their ideal refresh process if they were to start from scratch.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares his thoughts on apply CPU vs. PSU java patches and Dan explains the different options for preloading application server cache.
- Shard Planning for Petabyte Scale Elasticsearch Clusters @ 3:50
- Customizing the Homepage @ 5:30
- JDK even v. odd number releases @ 13:00
- PeopleTools Security Patching @ 19:30
- Preload Cache @ 26:00
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some new ideas to improve the DDDAudit and SYSAudit reports, and Kyle discusses how federated User Preferences work in a clustered environment.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares some tips on monitoring Tuxedo domains and Kyle discusses how to secure portal registries when accesses externally.
- Data Mover Follow-up @ 3:00
- PeopleTools POC Business Case Document @ 5:45
- Tuxedo Service Monitoring @ 7:30
- Limiting Access to Portal Registries @ 17:45
- Role Flipping
- Separate Registry and Obscurity
- LB/RPS/WL Filter Security
- VPN Access
- Conditional Navigation