This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan announce psadmin.conf 2021, they discuss environment naming conventions, and Dan follows up on the Puppet lookup options from last week.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares some upcoming changes to psadmin_plus, testing strategies for PeopleTools Patches, and Dan discusses how SAML2 works for PeopleSoft Single Sign-On.
- January 2021 CPU Patches @ 1:00
- Upcoming psadmin_plus Improvements @ 13:30
- PUBSUB Support
- Improve Multi-CFG_HOME Support
- Ignore invalid domains
- SSO with SAML and Appsian@ 22:00
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about Dynamic Role Rules, Kyle shares an experience with the DPK and temp directories, and they also discuss if Coherence patches are necessary when apply security patches.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle share some updates to psadmin_plus and a DPK module, how report posting works and some thoughts on handling large reports, and Dan shares why you should be using the Domain Connect password in your domains.
We apologize for the audio this week.
- io_portalwar Index Redirect Changes @ 3:30
- psadmin_plus updates @ 9:00
- ACM Search Framework Improvement? @ 15:00
- Domain Connect Password @ 20:45
- Report Posting @ 28:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares more information about systemd User Services, Dan discusses some recent DPK improvements, and then they discuss the upcoming changes to Job Data’s user interface.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan take a tangent deep into the world of dotfile repos and how they are used.
This week on the podcast, Dan runs into more password issues and get frustrated with the PUM Dashboard color schemes. Then Kyle and Dan talk about using Rundeck with Windows Nodes and OpenSSH.
- More Password Issues @ 3:00
- PeopleSoft URLs are Function Calls @ 9:00
- PUM Dashboard Color Scheme @14:30
- Rundeck and Windows Nodes @ 22:30
- Rundeck and GitLab Overlap @ 32:00
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle talk about psadmin.io Cloud Operations. .io Cloud Ops is the methodology and tools we use to run PeopleSoft on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. We discuss what it is and talk about the new open source tools that help us run PeopleSoft on OCI.
- PSUG – OCI Fireside Chat @ 1:00
- PeopleSoft Innovator Summit – Advanced PeopleSoft Administration @ 3:00
- Upcoming Openings for Dan and Kyle @ 6:30
- Why DPK? Automation? @ 8:30
- psadmin.io Cloud Operations @ 12:00
- Resource Manager Drift Detection @ 25:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Rundeck and how to manage scripts used by Rundeck, share their virtual meeting tips, get back on the conference speaking circuit.
- Upcoming sessions at events @ 1:00
- PSUG OCI Fireside Chat
- Appsian PeopleSoft Summit – Advanced PeopleSoft Administration
- Running PeopleSoft on OCI (Dan)
- Taking PS swimming in an OCI Instance Pool (Kyle)
- Baking more than PI with OCI (Kyle)
- .conf 2021 @ 9:00
- Virtual Meeting Tips @ 10:00
- Rundeck Script Management @ 23:30
- Where does Rundeck fit? @ 33:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss Cloud Managers Start/Stop feature, Dan shares some Vagabond project updates, then they discuss the benefits of simple systems.