This week on the podcast, Dan talks about using ACM for basic configuration and his tips for using proxies to debug search and IB issues. Kyle shares how he used Terraform and Resource Manager to auto-deploy Cloud Manager.
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about a contextual Nav Bar idea and then he and Kyle discuss the idea of using the Cloud Manager libraries for general automation.
- Quick Start Reference for PeopleSoft Update Images on PeopleTools 8.58 @ 3:00
- 8.58 First Thoughts @ 5:00
- PeopleSoft and Elasticsearch Security Examined @ 13:15
- Presentation: PeopleSoft and ElasticSearch Security Examined
- Cloud Manager Kit @ 16:45
This week on the podcast, Cory Fazzini joins us to talk about Prometheus, the ps-jmx_exporter, project, and why you might use Prometheus with the Elastic Stack.
In this session from psadmin.conf 2018, JR Bing gives an introduction to Kubernetes and then dives into why he is using it to run an Elasticsearch cluster. The session includes a great demo as well showing how PeopleSoft interacts with the Kubernetes cluster. He finishes the session with some ideas on how containers Kubernetes could be used by PeopleSoft in the future.
We released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up. If you already signed up for the course, you can log in and the new video will be available.
This week on the podcast, we discuss some feedback on using Shared Cache, options for non-production SMTP servers, and a chicken and egg problem with the Elasticsearch DPK silent install.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle recap some of the great discussions and sessions at the 2019 Fall UMRUG meeting. Kyle also talks about some great ideas for using the ACCTLOCK field.
- Keynote by Sentinel Software @ 2:00
- nVision Performance Issues with 8.56/8.57 @ 6:45
- PeopleTools Integration Broker Missing Manual @ 11:00
- MOS Tips and Tricks @ 12:45
- Charlie Sinks on Rundeck @ 14:00
- PT Infrastructure Roadmap @ 19:00
- Account Locking @ 24:00
This week on the podcast, Graham Smith, Sasank, Vemana and Jim Marion join Dan at Oracle Open World 2019 to recap the big PeopleSoft announcements. The group discusses the upcoming UI changes in PeopleTools 8.58, the upcoming Kibana visualizations capabilities for application data, and a discussion about search security.
- 8.58 UI Changes @ 3:00
- Kibana Visualizations @ 10:00
- Search Security @ 18:00
- Chatbots and demos that go wrong @ 27:00
This week on the podcast, Matthew Haavisto joins us to talk about Fluid, Interaction Hub, Federation and planning for new PeopleTools releases.