This week on the podcast, Dan shares his good experience with the Infrastructure DPK and a few things that didn’t work as expected, and Dan and Kyle discuss the 8.58 Login page and the Elasticsearch DPK Silent Install option.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares a fun way to learn Git and learn to be a better programmer, Dan shares some advantages of 3-Tier App Designer, and Kyle and Dan discuss personalized development environments.
- Boost Your Programming Skills with the Git codebase @ 2:00
- [Elastic 7 clustering changes](https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/7.x/modules-discovery-bootstrap- cluster.html) @ 10:30
- 3-Tier Debugger @ 13:45
- Personal Development Environments @ 20:00
- Advantages of 3-Tier App Designer Connections @ 28:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan look through the PeopleTools 8.59 Planned Features and highlight the changes they are excited to see.
- Life Cycle Management @ 5:00
- Integration @ 16:15
- User Interface @ 19:30
- Configuration @ 24:00
- Search @ 27:00
- Security and Privacy @ 32:30
- Monitoring @ 34:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about Elasticsearch Direct Transfer architecture and a few edge cases with the setup. They also remind everyone about mosbot, and also talk about accessing metadata on OCI instances.
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about a contextual Nav Bar idea and then he and Kyle discuss the idea of using the Cloud Manager libraries for general automation.
- Quick Start Reference for PeopleSoft Update Images on PeopleTools 8.58 @ 3:00
- 8.58 First Thoughts @ 5:00
- PeopleSoft and Elasticsearch Security Examined @ 13:15
- Presentation: PeopleSoft and ElasticSearch Security Examined
- Cloud Manager Kit @ 16:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk all about Kibana and how it integrates with PeopleSoft.
There is also a video of this week’s podcast that you can view here.
- Kibana is super cool! @ 3:00
- Kibana Architecture @ 8:00
- Walkthrough of Kibana and PeopleSoft @ 15:00
In this session from psadmin.conf 2018, JR Bing gives an introduction to Kubernetes and then dives into why he is using it to run an Elasticsearch cluster. The session includes a great demo as well showing how PeopleSoft interacts with the Kubernetes cluster. He finishes the session with some ideas on how containers Kubernetes could be used by PeopleSoft in the future.
We released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up. If you already signed up for the course, you can log in and the new video will be available.
This week on the podcast, we discuss some feedback on using Shared Cache, options for non-production SMTP servers, and a chicken and egg problem with the Elasticsearch DPK silent install.