This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about Elasticsearch Direct Transfer architecture and a few edge cases with the setup. They also remind everyone about mosbot, and also talk about accessing metadata on OCI instances.
This week on the podcast, Dan talks about a contextual Nav Bar idea and then he and Kyle discuss the idea of using the Cloud Manager libraries for general automation.
- Quick Start Reference for PeopleSoft Update Images on PeopleTools 8.58 @ 3:00
- 8.58 First Thoughts @ 5:00
- PeopleSoft and Elasticsearch Security Examined @ 13:15
- Presentation: PeopleSoft and ElasticSearch Security Examined
- Cloud Manager Kit @ 16:45
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk all about Kibana and how it integrates with PeopleSoft.
There is also a video of this week’s podcast that you can view here.
- Kibana is super cool! @ 3:00
- Kibana Architecture @ 8:00
- Walkthrough of Kibana and PeopleSoft @ 15:00
In this session from psadmin.conf 2018, JR Bing gives an introduction to Kubernetes and then dives into why he is using it to run an Elasticsearch cluster. The session includes a great demo as well showing how PeopleSoft interacts with the Kubernetes cluster. He finishes the session with some ideas on how containers Kubernetes could be used by PeopleSoft in the future.
We released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up. If you already signed up for the course, you can log in and the new video will be available.
This week on the podcast, we discuss some feedback on using Shared Cache, options for non-production SMTP servers, and a chicken and egg problem with the Elasticsearch DPK silent install.
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares some follow-up on the master scheduler changes he made, and Dan shares how he approached troubleshooting an Elasticsearch search issue.
- Regex processing explained @ :45
- [Run Control Framework VFO](PeopleSoft Update Run Control Dates Framework) @ 5:00
- Master Scheduler Follow-up @ 8:00
- Use the DPK to add a pluggable database to a CDB @ 22:30
- Troubleshooting Search Issues @ 27:00
This week on the podcast, Graham Smith, Sasank, Vemana and Jim Marion join Dan at Oracle Open World 2019 to recap the big PeopleSoft announcements. The group discusses the upcoming UI changes in PeopleTools 8.58, the upcoming Kibana visualizations capabilities for application data, and a discussion about search security.
- 8.58 UI Changes @ 3:00
- Kibana Visualizations @ 10:00
- Search Security @ 18:00
- Chatbots and demos that go wrong @ 27:00
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a few tips he’s learned on writing better bash scripts, how the OpenDistro Elasticsearch plugins can be used, and how to generate dump files for App Designer. Then Kyle and Dan discuss how the approached an issue with slow process starts and why understanding the technology stack is so important.
- Bash skillz @ 3:00
- App Designer Dump Files @ 8:45
- OpenDistro ES @ 10:30
- Troubleshooting Slow Process Starts @ 19:00
- Uncommon Solutions @ 34:00
- Work to Replicate the issue/Look at code (if possible)
- MOS/Local Knowledge Base (wiki or tickets)
- Isolate the cause/Eliminate variables/Research Logs
- Attempt to understand the flow/technology/stack
- Develop root-cause theory
- Test to prove/disprove theory