This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about learning to use Git and GitHub, strategies to work as different users in non-production environments, and how to use PSPing to help diagnose performance issues.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a new project called ps-terraform to help you build PeopleSoft Images on AWS. Kyle tries to resolve a Friday Night Ghost issue and Dan follows up on his love for Continuous Integration and the DPK.
- Elasticsearch DPK Install Methods @ 1:00
- GitLab Continuous Integration Follow-up @ 5:30
- Friday Night Ghost @ 19:00
- Ps-terraform @ 31:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares some changes and improvements to using Git with the Deployment Packages. Kyle and Dan also talk about Continuous Integration and how it can be used to test Deployment Package changes.
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle revisit their favorite tools and what has changed in the last two years.
- VisualStudio Code and Vim @ 2:00
- Git @ 5:30
- GitLab Community Edition @ 7:00
- OneNote @ 10:31
- Vagrant @ 13:15
- Trello @ 16:00
- Linux Tools @ 18:30
- Inline commands
- Cmder @ 23:00
- Powershell Modules @ 26:00
- Dotfiles @ 29:30
- TextExpander @ 32:15
This week on the podcast, Charlie Sinks joins us to talk about the Upper Midwest Regional User Group. We talk about using Agile with PeopleSoft, our experiences with Elasticearch, the Idea Space for PeopleTools, and using Git with PeopleSoft.
- Chatbots Demo @ 3:30
- Agile and PeopleSoft @ 11:00
- Elasticsearch Experiences @ 33:45
- PeopleTools 8.56 Updates @ 43:30
- Testing Effort for Certifications @ 45:30
pspuppet.shis used to prepare the environment. Need to invoke if the bootstrap or puppet failed and you need to re-run
- Idea Space @ 50:15
- Advanced PS Admin Talk @ 56:30
- Orchestration @ 61:00
- Using Git @ 67:30
The second set of psadmin.conf videos are available! These videos are two Blitz Talks on Development. Staci Ludwig shares 10 things you need to know about Nodes and Kyle Benson shares a project that helps integrate Git and App Designer.
We have released the videos as a free course so you can find the videos in one place. Head over to the psadmin.io courses page and sign up. If you have already signed up for the course, you can log in and the videos will be available.
This week Kyle and Dan discuss UI improvements from Sasank and Dan’s new Fluid Stylesheets, using Git and GitLab to manage DPK files, managing Favorites with Unified Navigation and some “Gotchas” Kyle found during his 8.55 upgrade project.
- Windows 6 month release schedule @ 4:00
- Puppet 5 @ 8:00
- Adding Breadcrumbs to Fluid @ 9:30
- Fluid Background Images @ 13:00
- psadmin.io Fluid Stylesheets @ 13:30
- App Designer on Ubuntu @ 25:45
- Enhancing Forms with Event Mapping @ 26:45
- New Window Behavior @ 28:00
- Using the DPK to deploy POC’s @ 33:00
- Gitlab Follow-up @ 35:30
- POSH-GIT @ 41:30
- Kyle’s DPKFiles Setup @ 45:15
- WebLogic and MP4 files @ 50:30
- Favorites and Unified Navigation @ 52:00
- Process Categories @ 59:30
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle talk with no agenda. We discuss our week and talk about Portal, PeopleTools Bugs, Fluid, Git, Deployment Packages, Puppet, OneNote, Kanban Boards and more.
- Portal Projects @ 1:45
- PeopleTools Bugs and Puppet @ 10:45
- psadmin.io Community @ 21:00
- Job changes @ 23:30
- Spreading the Fluid Excitement @ 25:00
- Selecting Fluid Nav Images @ 28:00
- The Git “Trojan Horse” @ 31:30
- Git Hooks, Puppet Server and getting crazy @ 39:30
- Changes to the DPK? @ 47:00
- Kanban Boards @ 57:00
- Svchost.exe @ 58:30
- OneNote Templates @ 60:30
- Kanban Boards and Task Management @ 71:00
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle discuss changes they would make if they started working on the DPK for the first again. They also discuss setting up Elasticsearch clusters, monitoring Tuxedo queues with Elasticsearch and an annoying Bash on Windows bug.
- Bash on Windows VPN Bug @ 3:15
- 9.2 Upgrade Process @ 10:00
- Monitoring Tuxedo Queueing in Elasticsearch @ 13:30
- Tuxbeat Project @ 17:00
- Elasticsearch DPK @ 21:45
- Elasticsearch Clustering @ 27:00
- Puppet on Linux @ 32:00
- DPK Extract Only @ 34:30
- What we’d do differently with the DPK @ 37:30
- Co-locating Regions
- Admin-only Test Servers
- Config Homes
- Use Git for managing code and YAML changes
- Integrate all Puppet code into Classes and Modules
- DPK Course
- Use ACM via DPK
- Go Vanilla
App Capacity Visualization