This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan talk about improving yourself and your team with compounding marginal gains. We discuss ways you become a better admin or developer and simplify your work.
This week on the podcast, Dan shares a terrible idea that he wants to try and an Adventures in MOS. Then Kyle and Dan discuss the login process in PeopleSoft and why it’s important to understand when troubleshooting.
- Using Git for Word Docs @ 1:45
- Adventures in MOS @ 6:00
- The Login Process @ 10:45
- A Moment of Appreciation for PeopleCode Tracing @ 27:45
This week on the podcast, Dan and Kyle recap some of the great discussions and sessions at the 2019 Fall UMRUG meeting. Kyle also talks about some great ideas for using the ACCTLOCK field.
- Keynote by Sentinel Software @ 2:00
- nVision Performance Issues with 8.56/8.57 @ 6:45
- PeopleTools Integration Broker Missing Manual @ 11:00
- MOS Tips and Tricks @ 12:45
- Charlie Sinks on Rundeck @ 14:00
- PT Infrastructure Roadmap @ 19:00
- Account Locking @ 24:00
This week on the podcast, Kyle shares some tips on escalating your SR’s and what to expect when you do escalate. Dan dives into a DPK Password issue and how he approaches troubleshooting with the DPK.
- How to Request Management Attention for your SR @ 2:30
- Troubleshooting DPK Issues @ 18:30
- Work to Replicate the issue/Look at code (if possible)
- MOS/Local Knowledge Base (wiki or tickets)
- Isolate the cause/Eliminate variables/Research Logs
- Attempt to understand the flow/technology/stack
- Develop root-cause theory
- Test to prove/disprove theory
This week, Kyle and Dan discuss SSH port knocking, a possible MOS API for Weblogic patching, and the excellent DMSViewer tools. Dan also shares some thoughts on the Unified Compare Reports in PeopleTools 8.56+.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss migrating customizations when applying patches, and Kyle shares a solutions for hiding and showing special tiles during system maintenance.
- Hot Topics Overload @ 2:30
- Customization Migrations when Patching @ 7:45
- Drag and Drop Tiles @ 16:00
- Maintenance Mode Tiles @ 20:30
This week on the podcast, we share some MOS tips to stay updated on changes to PeopleSoft, Dan explains how Elasticsearch handles a full disk, and Kyle shares an “Oh No!” story.
- April CPU Patches @ 3:00
- Tech Updates on Oracle Support @ 6:30
- Elasticsearch Flood Stage @ 16:00
- Kyle’s “Oh No!” Story @ 26:45
This week on the podcast, Dan discusses some tuning considerations for Elasticsearch and Kyle gives us an overview of serverless computing and how PeopleSoft could use it.
This week on the podcast Dan shares a fun tip to view hidden characters, Kyle talks about Vim Tabs and Sessions. Then Kyle and Dan talk about change package behavior, some bad migration advice on Oracle Support and what you should do instead.