This week, Kyle and Dan discuss SSH port knocking, a possible MOS API for Weblogic patching, and the excellent DMSViewer tools. Dan also shares some thoughts on the Unified Compare Reports in PeopleTools 8.56+.
This week on the podcast, Kyle and Dan discuss migrating customizations when applying patches, and Kyle shares a solutions for hiding and showing special tiles during system maintenance.
- Hot Topics Overload @ 2:30
- Customization Migrations when Patching @ 7:45
- Drag and Drop Tiles @ 16:00
- Maintenance Mode Tiles @ 20:30
This week on the podcast, we share some MOS tips to stay updated on changes to PeopleSoft, Dan explains how Elasticsearch handles a full disk, and Kyle shares an “Oh No!” story.
- April CPU Patches @ 3:00
- Tech Updates on Oracle Support @ 6:30
- Elasticsearch Flood Stage @ 16:00
- Kyle’s “Oh No!” Story @ 26:45
This week on the podcast, Dan discusses some tuning considerations for Elasticsearch and Kyle gives us an overview of serverless computing and how PeopleSoft could use it.
This week on the podcast Dan shares a fun tip to view hidden characters, Kyle talks about Vim Tabs and Sessions. Then Kyle and Dan talk about change package behavior, some bad migration advice on Oracle Support and what you should do instead.
This week on the podcast Dan and Kyle talk about the new CFO tool, applying CPU patches with the DPK, and how the DPK could improve with newer versions of Puppet. Then Dan digs into the new Security Deployment tool and how you can use it improve security migrations.
- Java Deserialization Explained @ 1:00
- New Cumulative Feature Overview Tool @ 4:00
- Apply CPU via DPK @ 10:30
- ES Documentation Homepage @ 12:30
- Puppet Standard Library @ 13:30
- Puppet 4.x environments for the DPK @ 15:45
- 8.55 VERSION Bug @ 18:30
- Puppet Manifest to update
- DPK Windows Services @ 25:00
- Adventures in MOS: Doc 2175273.1 @ 28:15
- CA Improvements @ 30:15
- Security Deployment Tool @ 37:00
- Using Security Deployment for Custom Security @ 44:15
- Security Deployment with Data Migration Workbench @ 49:00
This week, Dan and Kyle talk about Event Mapping, Report Node Validation, search App Packages, and the REN server.
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us at @psa_io, or use the Twitter hashtag #psadminpodcast.
- Event Mapping Test Customization @ 1:30
- Reconnect – Kyle will be there! @ 6:00
- PeopleSoft and WAP/ADFS Presentation
- psadmin.io meetup at the Tuesday night reception
- Elasticsearch and Graph @ 9:00
- App Designer – Alt+0, Alt+1 @ 12:00
- ELM Homepage Tabs @ 14:00
- 8.55 – Report Node Validation @ 17:30
- 8.55.07 Dropped @ 22:00
- 8.55 SES Navigation Search @ 24:00
- 12c Patch 2 Issue @ 26:30
- Find Records updated in an App Package @ 29:30
- say_what? Conference Call Helper @ 34:00
- Adventures in MOS @ 36:30
- The REN Server @ 40:00